S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1CLEAN92
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to use the original end caps for the crank dont i?

tried puttin the 355 together with different end caps and as soon as you put any pressure on the bolts you couldnt turn over the crank at all

im just guessin you have to use the same ones, im not sure, i just need someone elses opinion

thanx guys

·
It's "Neanderthal"
5,411 Posts
I think you mean main caps. Yes, you need to use the original ones, in the original orientation and location. Most guys mark them before removing. If you can't tell for sure where the originally were you can bring the block back to the machine shop and have the mains align honed.

·
Registered
809 Posts
stupid question but... did you get the right size bearings?? like if you r crank is .010 under size, did you get bearings that are .010 over size??

its happened to mee baught 2 box's of .010 bearing and a couple were boxed wrong, i had the same problem, i did a few caps up and all of a sudden i cold turn the crank, untill i backed a couple off..

·
1CLEAN92
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea it was the main caps i put the originals in there and turns over by hand even when torqued down, its not easy but its not supposed to. and they were standard size all the surfaces and all were in good shape.
thanx alot guys

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
If your trying to mix and match main caps you shouldnt be touching an engine without someone who knows what they are doing to help teach you.

Nothing wrong with not knowing, but get some help....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts