S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 33 small holes in my truck from the origional owner. The holes are around the top rim of the bed and the tailgate. The holes are from the snaps that screwed into the bed for the soft top cover to fix to. I want to have them filled. I think spot welding them and sanding them down would work right? Bad thing here is that I don't have the time/tools to do the work myself, even though I know alot about it. I want to take my truck to a local body shop to have it done....but how much do you guys think it would cost? The holes are small screw holes and again...there are 33 of them. Thanks.....Nate.

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
um ahem...bump....

need to get an idea here of what its gonna cost me...... :flame:

·
Do what now?
747 Posts
since their small holes the best thing would probably be body filler, sand it down, primer it, and then paint it. I say it would probably cost a good bit of money (maybe 250 to around 500). But then I am not an expert on body repairs. But that is just how I would think it would go. Somone will probably correct me.

·
Do what now?
747 Posts
oh forgot to say, to just take the car up to a couple of different body shops and just have them give you estimates. Make sure to tell them that its not an insurance claim repair. They may give you better deals.

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eek....$500

I don't want body filler if it's gonna crack though. I want something that will hold up! Any other ideas? Thanks for the reply supr2nr.

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, I heard someone say something about the insurance claim thing once. I'll keep that in mind. Appreciate the advice. I'm 18, good to get some "wiser" opinions :afro: .

·
Do what now?
747 Posts
yah no problem. The thing thats gonna cost the most is the paint. Everthing else won't be that much, except for labor of course. Like I said though just take it to a couple of body shops and have them look at it and have them tell you what they are gonna do to it. If you don't like it or if you want it done another way just ask them if they can do it. They won't mind.

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
29 of the holes are about the size of the letter "o" on here...bout 1/8 inch diameter I would say. The 4 other holes are about 1/4 inch across. The 29 holes are from the snap screws, the 4 other holes are from the fugly toolbox that was mounted on the truck when I bought it. Let me go take some pictures guys...brb.

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I won't plan on painting the small spots up until I do a full paint job. I think I would just have the shop primer the spots.

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are a couple pics of the holes. Take a look and see what ya think....

Attachments

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow...what a $hitty pic. Damn dude its freeeezing outside.

another one with a bit o perspective thrown in--

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
screw it go find a bed that has caddy tails in it already and in perf condition for like 500$ lol

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok since there is kinda a blurry 2 pic effect on the last one...just look at one set of the holes...the clearest ones....thats my thumb btw...made sense for me to include it....

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MiKeZ97MiNi said:
screw it go find a bed that has caddy tails in it already and in perf condition for like 500$ lol
lol...I don't know bout that. I can't afford shipping a fockin bed man. NOONE seems to be around here from the forums....so its hard to do deals on used stuff...

·
Registered
62 Posts
All the holes need to be welded, grind them down. After that it will need body work and paint. I know because I work at a body shop. Just putting body filler over the holes you will cause yourself more problems because moisture can get to the backside of the body filler and everywhere you put body filler it will all lift off. Your best bet is to go to some local body shops and get an estimate. Body work and paint is not something you pick up in a weekend, it takes along time to get right and that is having someone right there showing you how. I would take it to a body shop you will be alot more happy with the results.

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that's what I had in mind origionally. as you work at a body shop, do you have any idea what the cost would be? im just trying to get an idea before i take my truck in for estimates. thanks.

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Thats alot of holes...... alot

1 - 20 of 21 Posts