S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I have any issues putting 31 X 10.5 X 15 on my 99' s10?

Will it hit the frame (badly) on turns, etc...

·
Registered
126 Posts
if it is a 4x4, you will have more room than a 4x2. I wouldnt do it on a 4x2. Go to a tire shop and see if they can do a test fit. Nothing to lose there, just make sure you ask nicely.

·
Super Moderator
20,501 Posts
Moved from Wheel, Tire & Brake Section

·
3 Leaf Fab
4,082 Posts
i have 32x10.5x15's on my stock 4x4 suspension. it rubs my swaybar, the rear of the frame, and it would rub the sheet metal at the firewall if i hadnt bashed it in with the hammer. they would have also rubbed a few places at the corners of all the fenders, but i had already trimmed them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
for about 35.00 you can make them fit. 1.5tb crank is all that was needed for mine. no rubbing but I do not wheel it.

·
Mall Wheeler.....NOT!
243 Posts
for about 35.00 you can make them fit. 1.5tb crank is all that was needed for mine. no rubbing but I do not wheel it..........
An honest gentleman! I bet there are still minor issues on inclined driveways and the such. Good looking Blazer!

·
**** New Jersey
8,325 Posts
An honest gentleman! I bet there are still minor issues on inclined driveways and the such. Good looking Blazer!

its a jimmy.. :p

·
2wd Lift Expert
1,437 Posts
It's a Blazer with GMC emblems and grill! :haha:

I have a GMC Sonoma so I can kid you about it. When I go to the parts store and tell them GMC Sonoma typically they have no clue what size truck it is, I say S10 and they know what it is every time. :rolleyes:

·
Mall Wheeler.....NOT!
243 Posts
Pop, soda, coke, cola..........S/T series are all brethren in my book, Sir Red Baron!

·
Registered
67 Posts
So since I have this same question, I will just ask in this thread instead of making a new one.. lol The general consensus is that with a little t-bar crank, 31x10.50-15s will fit without major rubbing or trimming as long as you don't flex it too much?

·
3 Leaf Fab
4,082 Posts
in my experience, flexing is not the problem, mostly because there is not really any flex to be had, at least in the front. only turning in parking lots. and while lifting the truck up, t-bar cranking also moves the tire closer to the frame, but just a little. probably not noticeable. but when you crank the t-bar, you effectively take all the droop out of the suspension, and therefore it "flexes" even less.

·
Registered
86 Posts
lol, yes its the GMC version.

I should add this only works with stock rims . If you lose backspacing you will need more of a lift. I have been running 31 on stock except for tb crank for about 9 months now. No issues at all im even wondering if I could run 32s with a 2in body lift since the 31s were no problems. We have steep freeway enterances and parking garages and I repeat I have no rubbing issues with his setup. The tires are wrangler rt-s.

·
Registered
67 Posts
sweet, that's good to hear.When I need tires I will just get some 31's. One more question, when you say 1.5 t-bar crank, is that as high as it would go? Or did you just crank until they fit?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I measured it then cranked it 1 3/4 maxed out one side and about half on the other. then jumped on the bumper a few times and in the morning took it for an alignment. That night I measured about a 1.5 average lift. I just checked and its still the same.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts