S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 30x9.5 tires fit on stock 15x7 Blazer Rims??? If so how much will it throw off my speed-o??? Biggest tire that will fit are 32 correct??? Or is that with lift, I don't want any rubbing. Sorry if this is a repeat question.

·
Z400 Ridin in Back
279 Posts
30x9.5 will fit on that size rim, and won't rub even with no lift. At least it doesn't rub on mine, but you deffinately couldn't go bigger than 30's with out some kind of a lift.

·
Registered
211 Posts
30x9.5s fit on stock rims. i have them on my 15x7 rims on my 97 blazer. how big you can go depends on what model you have (1st or 2nd gen) and if you have a lift or not. i needed a 2" body lift to fit my 30s. my buddy fit them on his 2001 with no lift but major rubbing. my tires threw my speedo off 4 MPH. EX: when it reads 70, i'm really doing 74.
if you don't want any rubbing and you have a 2WD, you will need a 2" lift. if you have a 4WD, 30s should be fine and not rub too bad.

·
Registered
211 Posts
well those should fit with mo prob anyway... 4x4s come stock with 235s which is almost the same as 30x9.5s. 4WD can also fit bigger tires in any given setup compared to 2WD

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have 32's on a first gen 4dr. with stock wheels and 3' body lift. only rubs on frame when turning really hard

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2001 Blazer 4-door LT 4x4. I am running 30x9.5's but not on stock rims...although I know they do fit. It took me about 2 weeks of tweeking the the wheel well with a mallet...abit of cutting at the tire shop and I took off the LT front fender trim. No rubbing after that. When offroad I do have to be somewhat careful about vertical motion since I have no lift at all. I do want to install a 3" body lift but havent found one for my year Blazer. I also have Rancho rx-9000x adjustable shocks which are adjusted to the max setting to help with the offroading.

·
Registered
211 Posts
well you're not going to find a 3" body lift to fit your year blazer....cause they don't make one. 2" is the only size it comes.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I had 31x10.50's on my stock 93. I did have the torsion bars cranked up 8 turns. The tires only rubbed on full-lock while going over a bump. Also, the tires were more of a street tread, and didn't have the usual sharp knobby corners that off-road tires typically have.
The salesman triedto talk me out of it, but he failed miserably :D
I thought the truck looked great with them. Was always glad I went with that size.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts