S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to buy some wheels and tires off a guy that says he took them off his 98 s-10. The wheels are helo beasts with the same backspacing as a stock wheel (so he says). he says the tires on the rims are 305/40/18. is this even possible? wont the tires rub tremendously or stick out from the fenders. does anyone have any pictures of 305/40/18's on an s10. also the rims are 8.5" wide.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
LOL you'd be able to turn the steering wheel about a 1/2 turn before the fronts would rub. As for hte back it all depends on ur drop.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Is the guy selling the wheels mexican? (I'm really not making fun of mexicans here) Oh wait hes talking about 18 inch rims, not 15 inch :)

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
I dunno about that. Mabye if the sidewall was like 55 or 60 it would fit but 40 i just dont know.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
could be 205.....

305 40's would fit in the rear bu no way in hell up front... wondering if he missread and they are 205's

305's could fit on a full size tho...

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
IndigoblueXtreme: if im stupid, you go put a 12in wide tire on a 8.5in wide rim....

sure you can make it fit....i can put a round peg in a square hole....doesnt MEAN it fits.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
i picked up a set of 17x8.5 wheels with 315/35-17's on them. this was on an '84 4x4. you could tell they were too wide for the wheels but i used them till i got rid of the truck. just got another 4x4 blazer and will use the wheels again, but i'm switching to 255/50-17's before i put them on.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
airjon23 said:
IndigoblueXtreme: if im stupid, you go put a 12in wide tire on a 8.5in wide rim....

sure you can make it fit....i can put a round peg in a square hole....doesnt MEAN it fits.....
you said "no way its on there"..thats different then it wont fit correctly when the f**k did i say you as a person was stupid...get off it bro..
i said i have 295/50/15's on a 15X8, thats a half inch less wheel, and half inch less tire..so it comes out the same as your 12 inch tire on a 8.5......sooooo, i guess i already did
I didnt say the damn setup would work out on the front of a s10

1 - 13 of 13 Posts