S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
JD
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that most people swap in a 350. but i got a buddy with a 305 that hell sale me for about 200. So i am trying to figure out which engine is better. I guess it is personal preference but i am trying fo figure out what to do.

·
LT1 Powered
2,467 Posts
Save your 200 bucks. I know 200 bucks sounds like a sweet deal, but its not. If i wanted a 305 I would probably get one for free. That is how worth it, it is. I've seen 350 longblocks around here for under $200 if you look hard enough. You will be much happier with a 350, believe me.

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
i have a 88 s-10 with a 305 and a 89 s-10 with a 350 i'd rather have the 350 over the 305 any day but it still has some power but not even close to that 350.

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
89yellows10 said:
he'll sale me for about 200
What is it with people and not understanding "sale" vs "sell"???? :rant:

Either way, 305s are free these days. People litteraly have to give them away just to have someone come get it out of their garage.

·
V8 Member
2,808 Posts
yup i wouldnt waste your 200 bucks keep your eye on ebay youll pick a 350 for that price out of a truck or suburban for that or even cheaper.. i got mine for 87 bucks and it runs and is still running to this day

·
Registered
471 Posts
its not a "deal" like has been said before you can find 305s for free if you look around. As far as puttin one in your truck if you just want a V8 with mild performance go with a 305 if you get one cheap enough but if you change your mind later on and want to go with a lot more power build up a 350 383 377 destroke or 400 smallblock when its ready all you have to do is just swap em out cause your already set up for it.I wont tell you you cant make power with a 305 because you can and im not tryin to start a flame war here my personal opinion is you can spend less money and make more power with a 350 than a 305 hope this helps you

·
IMBLOWN
977 Posts
I bought a running driving rough z28 camaro for 400 dollars to start my swap to give you some indication of your pricing. Depending on the setup it COULD have 200 worth in useable accessories and bracketry with it. Just because it's a 305 doesn't mean it's totally worthless. :D

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
jameskirk1 said:
Just because it's a 305 doesn't mean it's totally worthless. :D
No doubt, you could have it bored to 4", put some glass over it and use it for a coffee table. Cylinder wall thickness doesnt matter when its not running :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts