S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was offered a running 302 with a trani if i painted a guys car for him....is there a conversion kit to make the ford motor fit my 93 s10

·
Registered
63 Posts
it can be done, but you're going to hear a bunch of shit from the people that suck chevys dick if you do it. i say do it, nothing wrong with a 5.0
ya its true, i just PREFER chevs, but hey to each thier own, wanna drop a dodge in a ford, a ford in a chev, a chev in a dodge, giver shit and see what you can do i wanna see a hemi in a chev tbh, and im SURE its been done

·
paint color? ... Mud =D
1,312 Posts
it can be done, but you're going to hear a bunch of shit from the people that suck chevys dick if you do it. i say do it, nothing wrong with a 5.0
:werd:

Do it, its something different, don't listen to the chevy nutswingers around here

·
Registered
264 Posts
i was offered a running 302 with a trani if i painted a guys car for him....is there a conversion kit to make the ford motor fit my 93 s10
When I first read this thread I thought it meant the Z28 302 from the late '60s until I saw the word Ford.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't seen any conversion kits or parts for that. I have put 302 in rangers and don't see why it wouldn't fit but you will have many issues like speedo, and exhaust manifolds, but at least the distributor is in the front. What tranny did you get? most fords are junk unless you sink mega dollars. But don't be afraid to do it because of the chevy supporters. Heck I put a 283 in a 85 mustang just to shut up some ford guys saying the only reason my 350 s10 was beating their 5.0 is it was a bigger motor. the stock 283 mustang will beat my stock 350 s10. but if you do it please take photos during the way.

·
Registered
147 Posts
you can build you a chevy 302. its just a destroked 327. i built one for 1/4 mile. just take ya a 327 and use 283 crank and 350 rods. a 377 is another good destroked engine.

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
wtf would you build a chevy 302 for 1/4 mile?? "lets put a smaller crank in this motor so we get less low end torque"... great idea. screw a destroked engine. the chevy 302 was built for trans-am racing not drag racing... for good reason.

·
Registered
147 Posts
1/4 mile is not all about torque. you have a sh*t load of torque with a low rev engine how do you expect to get to the end of that track quicker? dont get me wrong you have to have torque to get off the line but its all about the horsepower in the end. how do you reach that horsepower quicker? a higher rev engine. anyone can disagree and slam on my comments i could really care less but i stand on what i believe and thats that! and by the way that destroked 302 was gettin me 12.3 in a stock camaro.

·
It's "Neanderthal"
5,411 Posts
Yeah, the 302 was built so Chevy could race in the Trans Am series, limited to 305 c.i., but I'm sure it has other capabilities. Isn't a 377 a standard bore 350 that is stroked, not de-stroked?

·
Registered
147 Posts
a 377 is a 400 sbc with 350 crank. now ford made a 377 standard but im not aware of a chevy. there might be one im not sure. oh yea and just to add to what 4x4zr2 said im not trying to be a d*ck but i never said 302 was perfect for drag racing i just said i built one for drag racing, just like putting a ford engine in a chevy truck, its something DIFFERENT!!! some people like higher rpm engines and a destroked engine is a good source. a 283 is not a destroker but its a good screaming high rpm engine and alot of people like them.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.