S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BumblBXtreme
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the easiest and cheapest way to make my 4.3 make 300 hp? I want it to go faster than it does now but with out sacrificing the reliability ill need for everyday driving

·
Sometimes I'm mean...alot
1,348 Posts
Nitrous Oxide Injection....

·
Dump em' Out
5,502 Posts
You're going to need a bit of work to make 300hp.....and that will cost you. Give us your budget and we might be able to steer you to some options.

·
Posting From My iPhone 4
224 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I agree with everyone else here 300hp on a 4.3 is gonna cost some $$.

·
terrible. take a lap.
4,024 Posts
i spent 5500 and i bet im nowhere near sebasts level and he has i think 288 rwhp.

If i were you i'd supercharge it, and throw some nitrous at it. but even then, that's a couple g's. goodluck buddy.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
i spent 5500 and i bet im nowhere near sebasts level and he has i think 288 rwhp.

If i were you i'd supercharge it, and throw some nitrous at it. but even then, that's a couple g's. goodluck buddy.
I've got over 6k in my '79 to get what I got. Didnt know it added up so fast, till I added all my reciepts up. And to even think trying to do something similare with a 4.3 when those kits are much higher to start with.

considering you can get depending on the year 4.3 and the vin code it came from a rebuild kit for 450 to almost $700 for a master kit plus alot of adones to build more then stock power. to a 350 kit you can get for $190 and can add on more stuff for under an aditional $800 to get 300hp

·
WICKED 6 RACING
2,189 Posts
300 HP to the crank is not to hard its about 220 to the tires. 300 to the tires on the other hand it gonna cost you some cash. Blower or bottle would be the easiest cheapest way there. Take it from us crazy people power cost. Myself and quite a few of the other guys can confirm that.

·
Budget Ballin FTS!
3,652 Posts
Cheapest way would be dropping a 327,350,355,383, or a 400 in it.... My toyota makes about maybe 325 to the crank and I only have about $800(including new bearings and rings) in parts in my 350 which was stock when I got it. Guess you just gotta know where to look for parts and the right people to talk to. Yes its a toyota with a 350 haha

·
BumblBXtreme
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my dad has a 350 crate engine in my grandpas garage which is good but the only thing is gettin it in. Id have to change the computer, the harness and im pretty sure its not fuel injected either which is no good

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got almost 300rwhp. Have a look at my sig for how hard it was to get there. I have no idea how much $ it all adds up to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.