S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the truck and we just replaced the rear ujoint and had the front looked at and it was fine. Trucks vibration wasn't as bad. Now I noticed the drivers side front looks a lot lower than the passenger side. Could this cause a vibration at 30-35mph? How hard and how expensive are front springs to replace if that is what it is?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Friendly word.

Always replace all the u-joints at one time. It eliminates doubt and doesn't cost that much extra, especially if you do the work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We didn't do all the work. We got the drive shaft off after busting the grease seal lol! We then couldn't heat it enough to remove the rear joint, so we took it to a mechanic and he said the front was fine, and that rear was bad.

I jacked my truck up and found that the front tire on the passenger side has some play in it on 9-3 o'clock positions. I am assuming that is a tie rod end?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well turns out they forgot to put the c-clips on the other two caps, so we did that and no vibrations!
:uhoh:

if the wheel on the passenger side is loosely moving left and right, it could be an inner, or outer tie rod, or even an idler arm. or even a combination of all of the above. stick your head under the truck while a friend's shaking the wheel for you to see what has play in it.

·
Bobby B!!!
320 Posts
might want to also check wheel bearings.... been having a problem with them on my truck lately.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My caliper is loose! lol. That's what was making the noise.

So my mechanic told me I just didnt tighten the bolts on the ujoint tight enough and that the clips do nothing...I think he's full of it....

·
Bobby B!!!
320 Posts
haha well thats good i guess??? easy fix if it didnt do any damage. ya that mechanic is full of it. those clips keep the u-joint caps from coming out. a manufacturer wouldnt install them unless it needed them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts