S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here know how to plumb a dog leg (with dual acting cylinders of coarse).. I guess you need 2 valves.. but where do you plumb em.. thanks guys..

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Wouldnt it just be a basic 2 valve assembly on each port of the cylinder, for a total of 8 valves for the pair?

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Whys that? If you've got a fill on each side pumpin air into it, you'd also need a dump on each side to release the air.... the way you wire it up is... if ya hit up on the switch, fill valve 1 opens, and dump valve 2 opens... if ya hit down on the switch, dump valve 1 opens and fill valve 2 opens... I'm pretty sure that's right.. Larry will verify all this next time he's on I'm sure...

·
Shade Tree Pimpin'
1,123 Posts
cabs is right you have to have like a 16 switch box ive seen a civic done like that

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Nah you can do it with a 10 switchbox, or even a 4 switchbox... you just gotta have more prongs on the switches.... dont know how many... 6 I think?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
ugh.... you will need 4 valves for each cylinder.... two for each port, one for fill, and one for dump. As far as wiring... can't help ya on that one, Larry will have to chim in on that. I have an idea, but I'm not sure if its the best way to do it, so I'm not gonna say it and confuse ya'll.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
You are correct about the 4 valves needed for each cylinder. Wiring isnt too bad, just be prepared to use a bunch of relays or diodes to make sure your curcuits dont backfeed into each other.

·
AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME
2,031 Posts
so, do you have to have the inflate on the one side open the same time as the deflate on the other side? and vice versa?? like say you lift all 4 wheels, then dump all the air out of one cylinder... then try to shoot air up through the bottom port to "suck" the wheel up... do you have have the deflate valve open on the top side so that the piston cant move freely upwards?? does what i'm saying make sense... or am i not thinking correctly

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
If you raise one corner, you're activating one fill valve and one dump valve. It dumps air out of one side and fills the other side.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I am sure there are many ways to do it, but this way works for me...

You need another fill and dump valve on the other end of the cylinder. You wire it so that when you hit the switch to raise the car, the other dump opens to relieve pressure. That is as easy as hooking those two valve's power wires together. You can do the same on the other fill and dumps, but then it powers the car down. I don't like that, so I wire in another switch to operate the fill valve that sucks the wheel up. And from that I also wire up a relay, to active the dump valve that is used to drop the car.
So the functions would be...
1) hit the switch to lift the car, one fill valve opens, and one dump opens. Car goes up.
2) hit the switch to drop the car, and one dump opens. Car goes down.
3) hit the switch to lift the wheel, and one fill valve opens, and the relay is energized, opening the dump from #2. wheel goes up.
And that is for one cylinder, so repeat it for each one you want to suck up. If you have any questions, ask away...

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
IRSd_mini said:
1) hit the switch to lift the car, one fill valve opens, and one dump opens. Car goes up.
thats pretty sweet... i wish my bags had the pssssht sound when filling

1 - 18 of 18 Posts