S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Now i have my real truck!
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lnv:

which one would y'll go with considering price and everything, with the 3 link i would have to buy shocks, the bridge kit(or make my own) the notch, bags, behind and below brackets and dont know if i would go with super pivots or not are they worth it, and oh with the 3 link i should be able to run an 8 gallon tank with 2 480s right?? or will it fit

ok now with the 5 link, it comes with pretty much everything u need, and is $1300
o and with the 5 link i would porobably run 2 five gallons up uner the bed

but when u add all that stuff to the 3 link it is probably about the same right??

so i need some opinions i dont think the 3 link is the way to go because how much cheaper will it really be???

·
Yea did
129 Posts
3 link---650
Bridge Kit----160
Bags-----150
Shocks----50
aprox. total----1100 with shipping

Im deciding between the two also, looks like you save give or take 200. I already have a 2.5" C notch that I put in, not sure if it is gonna work or if i have to get a bridge kit, but im leaning towards the 3 link.

·
Yea did
129 Posts
I hear you on gettin more lift, i have heard the same, but i dont see how there could be that much of a difference in ride quality considering the fact that its a similar set up.

·
Yea did
129 Posts
Doesnt bag size come into play also, if you are running RE8's out back with a 3 link i dont think they would need 90 psi to be at ride hight, from what i have read most people are between 30-50.

·
Lay'd
2,278 Posts
honestly for an over the axle setup the 3-link is a very nice easy kit, but to be honest with you over the axle sucks. we did 2 of them for club members here both the same 3-link with a bridge kit and re-8s and they both kinda ride like crap and get very little lift.

·
Need to DO WORK son
8,571 Posts
i love my 5 link and wouldnt trade it for anything in the world, im veyr glad i didnt go with the 3 link, plus i have bags on bars now, and not over the axle

i say 5 link

·
Registered
365 Posts
ive road in a OTA setup and the ride quality wasn't that bad. of course i would expect the 5 link to be smoother. if you get a 3 link, you could always get what you need to upgrade to a 5link later on.

·
Frame Laying Member
2,068 Posts
I have the five link on my truck. no complaints here. i squezzed 2 5gallons, my valves, and 2 viairs all under the bed out of sight. check out my link in my sig for lift pics. but i've heard that sleeves with a behind and under the axel rides good. my buddy just did behind the axel with re8's on his fullsize and he loves it. it's pretty much personal prefereance and how much your willing to spend. you can't go wrong with either kit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
ill blazer is wrong about the psi numbers for either setup. more leverage on the bag means more psi to lift the truck.bag directly on axle = less are to get moving. also, people have bad rides and bad lift when bag is over axle bc they over droped the back end. meaning the bag is never fully collapsed and get get poor ride quality bc the pressure u have to be at to get to ride higth is different than if it were set up right.The 5 link is obviously going to ride better, more money, more engineering. But u can do a 3link for so much cheaper. If u have any inclination to being a DIY kinda person, then do it yourself. Ur just paying someone to do something thats not very hard to begin with. With 1500$ and a DIY mindset, the truck could be done in a matter of how fast ur willing to work.

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
ill blazer is wrong about the psi numbers for either setup. more leverage on the bag means more psi to lift the truck.bag directly on axle = less are to get moving.
try again man. lever setups, such as the 5 link, require less pressure, due to the lift ratio of approximately 2:1 (bag moves 1", axle moves 2") where an over axle setup is a 1:1 ratio.

·
Registered
365 Posts
having bags on bars will obviously get more lift. but what would be more helpful is to know at what rate does the 5 link lift higher compared to OTA.

i dont know if anyone actually wants to make a graph.... but it would be LIFT HEIGHT vs. PSI comparing OTA and a lever setup.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts