S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just bought a 3, 3 kit and was wondering what exactly i have to modfy to get the clearance i have 3" springs for the front only at this time my shocks are on the way, i plan on blasting the struts and control arms do i need to cut anything on the front or modify in anyway to get clearence and also will i be able to run a 70 series tire on the fronts or no, then in the back i have 3" blocks what needs to be cut besies the bump stops if that

thanks Justin

·
Registered
868 Posts
you dont need to modify anything for a 3-3 drop. ive been riding on 3" coils and 3" leafs for almost 2 years now. ive never even hit the bumpstops and we have some rough roads.

as for the 70 series tires itll be damn close, youll probly rub a lot

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so for the front the brake sheild and bump stops are find, i had afriends tell me i had to cut this that hack that take this out, so im strait on everything but the tires?

·
Registered
508 Posts
It all depends on the rear bumpstops, when I put 3" blocks in the back of my truck I was about 1" from riding on the bumpstops. It bottomed out all the time and rode horrible. So I cut the whole bracket out.

My freinds 94 has 3" blocks and he has plenty of travel and never bottoms out with stock bumpstops.

What exactly size tire are you running? You shouldnt rub at all with a 205/70/15. But if they are a wider 70 series they might rub a little in hard turns.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no they are 205/70/r15 i plan on cutting the rear stops but my friend told me i had to cut a bunch of crap out of the front to gain clearence n it freak me out but basically u all are sayin the only thing to modify f anythin would be the bump stops?

·
Registered
508 Posts
205/70/15 tires will be fine probably no rubbing at all. And the front will be fine, all you have to worry about is the back.

If I hit a REALLY hard bump I hit the bumpstops in front but nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks i woulda had my truck dropped already if i didnt listen to my friend but i thought i would get as much info as poss before hand. and be prepared.. thanks for the help

·
Registered
868 Posts
im gonna have to go back on what i said a little bit.
i forgot that i did have to cut out a little piece of my brake sheild.

when i first let my control arm down with the jack it got caught on the brake sheild, so i did go in with a cutoff wheel and take a little piece of that out just so that the control arm would come all the way down.

some people actually take the control arm loose from the back though, if you did it that way you wouldnt have to cut it.

even if you have to clearance the brake sheild its no biggy, you could even do it with a dremel tool.

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
If it makes noise afterwards, then you have to cut it. I had 3" coil 3" block and just had the bumpstop bracket cut off completely. Ran good and felt good. And why such a tall tire up front??

Nate

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im waiting till next pday to run a smaller height size so itl be getting changed in two weeks or so

1 - 10 of 10 Posts