S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a 3" drop, is this good for a daily driver truck? Also why do people do the 3/4 or 2/3, is there a reason the back should be lower? Is there a thing that you guys said that the passenger side rides an inch higher? If so, how do you fix that? I found a supposedly complete 3" drop kit for $200, is this a good deal... it is http://www.hyperxindustries.com/special.htm . Please fill me in with the details. I have ground effects, will I be fine? Thanks,

DogP

·
Oops...Dropped it
204 Posts
A 3" drop is good. I have a 2-3 drop. Belltech spindles & blocks. Plus the ZQ8 suspension is 1.5" lower then non ZQ8's. So I guess that makes 3.5-4.5 drop. It's good for a daily driver. A little bumpy, you'll probably want to trim your rear bumpstops about an inch or get smaller aftermarket bumpstops. here's a pic of the difference in wheelwell gap before & after the drop.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey Blue, I'm doing the same drop as yours..........
Did you replace the shocks on all four corners?
And, what about the stock coils? Did you get new ones?
I myself am looking for a somewhat smooth ride like the zq8 is now........:D

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question... I've seen some very different priced drops, all doing the same size drop, but some are blocks, coils, spindles, and some other things, what are the differences? Do some ride smoother, better, etc.? Also would I need to replace my shocks? I have the standard s-10 suspension. I'd like to do it right the first time. Thanks,

DogP

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
id go with a 4 5 drop . that is fine for everyday driving
heres the break down in prices
springs are 90
spindles 149
leafs 170
blocks 25
shocks 120 for all

see with springs you can go 1 2 or 3 inch drop
spindle is just a 2 inch drop
rear 3 inch leafs are 170
blocks can be 1 2 3 or 4 inches. prices will go from 20-45 bucks for those.

the belltech 3 inch drop springs ride fine on my truck. rear i hace 3 inch leafs and 3 inch blocks. i also have spindles in front. go 4 5 drop will ride fine

·
Registered
208 Posts
Where did you find those prices and what brand of products are those?

K

·
0 Posts
yeah you need it 1" lower in the rear if you want a level drop...this is b/c the trucks come from the factory with the rear 1" higher that the front...

I am looking into some 3" springs...anybody have comments on the ride of 3" springs???

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
from summitracing.com

as for the 3 inch drop springs they ride fine. i have them in my 98 ss with 18s and rides better than the zq8 set up

tony
i would have to agree. i have 3 inch western chassis drop springs with my ZQ8 shocks and it rides pretty damn good, it rarely bottoms, only on the BIG stuff. i reccomend them!:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts