S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna go down 3/4 probably using blocks in the rear but confused about the front , 3" springs are the cheapest but will my ride suck? and i know ill need an allignment but how about my suspention geometry will it suffer any :confused: also the other methods as in spindles and c-arms are they worth it ?

anybody please help! sorry bout all the Q's just want to drop on a buget but still be safe and happy :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
I recently put 3" springs in my 2000 xtreme, you will have far less wheel travel, which can be a good thing. I have yet to get an alignment cuz it really didnt affect much. Mine actually dropped a little more than 3" tho so im riding on my bumpstops and i couldnt really give you a good idea on how your ride would be.

·
Registered
287 Posts
hey does lowering a truck have any affect on the performance in any way? or is it just for looks?

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it lowers your center of gravity resulting in some what better handling plus it looks badass to have a low truck :cool:

after doing a little research im probably going with springs , but now the question is what brand? and what shocks to get?

·
Gingerbread Man
57 Posts
3" springs

I have a set of 3" drop coils that I took out of my truck. I bought them last year from autobahn. I replaced them with 2" coils, and 2" drop spindles. I will let them go for $40 if you want them.:bah:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Or if you chose not to take that good deal, I purchased Belltech springs from jegs for uner 100
and blocks were only 20-30 i believe

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2tone10 i sent you a P.M.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts