S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty... I have the drop listed above.... and I bottem out ALOT!!! I cut the bumpstops/brackets.....

I replaced the front shock w/ DoschTech drop shocks, but I didn't switch the back just because of time...

What could be the problem?

I keep reading that people have a 4/5 and 5/6 drop and they only bottem out, 'sometimes'...

Could my back shocks just be shot?

I take a turn out of my driveway, and there is a slight bump and I hit.... I didn't fix the chevy lean yet, if that could cause a prob...

Let me know any ideas....

Pics of my drop are on my site... Dont bitch about what my truck looks like... it has changed alot since I took those pics...
:twak:

Thanks again!!!

·
the guy on the couch
123 Posts
mine does as well. i did a 3/4 drop, 3" coils and 4" blocks in the back

the front bottoms out so much i cant take it. im supposed to get new shocks in the front soon, right now its still the stock ones. i kind of want to lift the front up an inch higher so it has some more room to move...it sits lower than the back right now anyways

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
I rarely bottom out and I have a 4/5 drop consisting of
Belltech Nitro Drop Shocks (front)
Belltech 2" Drop Coils
Belltech 2" Drop Spindles
Belltech 3" Drop Leafs
Belltech 2" Angled Blocks
Gabriel HiJacker Air Shocks (rear)
Removed Bump stops/Brackets

I pretty much never bottom out...only "sometimes" Rides really good!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
grndscrpr03 said:
Okay is it your shocks bottoming out? Or is something hitting? When my buddy went 4/6 on his stepside his frame was sitting on his axle and everytime he would hit a bump it would bounce off of the axle. Very noisy and annoying until he got the c-notch installed.
Yeah I'm hitting the axle! The rear is the only prob. I changed the shocks in the front w/ the drop and I never bottom out in front....

It just sucks though... I shouldn't have tp C-notch it w/ only a 4" drop... I hope changed the rear shocks will help alot...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts