S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one should be easy. What size tires will clear with no problem on a first generation Blazer with a 3" body lift and stock aluminum rims? I'm guessing 31x10.5's but I'm not sure. T-bar adjustment and shackles/add-a-leafs are also a possibilty, but I'd like to know what will clear well if those aren't done. Also, anybody have pics of this kind of set-up?

-Brian

·
Off Roadin' Jimmy
103 Posts
I have 31 x 10.5 on mine with a little rubbing. But thats mostly because I'm running camaro rims with 4" backspacing instead of 6 like the stock rims. You should only have troubles at full lock with the body lift. HTH

-=Glenn=-

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
Doesn't a stock 4x4 come with 30s? IF so with a 3" body lift and T-bar adjustment you probably could fit 32s

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
My ZR-2 ran 31x10.5x15's stock. With 3 " lift I was able to fit a 33x12.5. Folded the inner fender lip under and the fit was Shweeet.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you stick with 31's on stock offset rims you probably won't need to crank the torsion bars. There will be slight running on the swaybar. On the other hand, I had 30x9.50's on 2wd S-10 rims with a 3" body lift and it rubbed. I wouldn't suggest trying to fit 32's unless you want to grab the Sawzall off the shelf in the garage.

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
500 Posts
my rims are 6 in offset, i have a 3 in body lift, t-bar crank, bushwhaker cut out fender flares and my 32's rub a little still

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have any pics? Sounds like a pretty sweet setup. As far as your rubbing, from what I've read, it sounds like you will get rubbing on the swaybar with anything over 235/75/R15's regardless of lift unless you use rims with less backspacing. I'm guessing that's where your rubbing is occuring.

-Brian

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
500 Posts
no it just rubs on the flares toward the back a little when a hit a bump or somthing when turning, i have some awsome pics but no scanner, i hope to get something figured out soon.

·
Man Whore Customz
19 Posts
I have a first getn s10 with 31x10.5's and they only rub when u cut the wheel all the way, and only when u flex out in the front, o i have a 3 inch body lift

·
Off Roadin' Jimmy
103 Posts
LOWRDS10 said:
Doesn't a stock 4x4 come with 30s?
My stock tires were 28"

-=Glenn=-

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is not a matter of lifting your truck for the 31's.

The 31's will fit at stock height. They will rub slightly at full turn or at hard turn when hitting bif bumps. The problem is the back spacing of the wheels. The wheels are so far inside that they rub on the suspension components. If you want to go bigger you will need to get rims with the backspacing of a 2WD and possibly the body lift, because your tires will be sitting under the lip of sheet metal under the fender.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts