S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what is better, 1/2 or 3/8 SMC The size is not a big deal I have just heard the 1/2 is a much better valve than the 3/8 Also it will not freez up in the cold Is this true? Let me know ASAP Thanks,

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so 1/2 is much better?

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Yeah I would say d... Its quicker, and.i duno i have never used 3/8, but I love my 1/2" valves..

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
The 1/2" is a different design than the 3/8" ( pilot port vs. direct acting) allowing it to operate at higher pressure. It will still freeze the diaphram shut in cold weather, if you have any moisture in your lines.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So You ever have a problem with them freezing?

·
ICU H8N
768 Posts
I have 1/2" SMCs. Lately i have had a problem with them freezing, I cant figure out why though. I have water traps and drain the tanks, before anyone goes crazy on me. I like how fast they are compared to the 3/8" though.

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
hey doug

hey doug I have 1/2 fills for the front now.... I'd say get all 1/2 dont seem to freeze up as easily..... plus that much quicker.... PS jason 44.99 cant beat that

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet $44.99!!!! Well I will order 8... as I go broke :D

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Hell ya jason rules or get some blitzlufts, phat xmas special at our palce 43bux shipd per valve :D good luk

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
Then why 4?

why not 1/2 dont seem to freeze up as easy and the quicker it goes down the quicker it seems side to side and all that good stuff.... also I think I'd rather be faster and put in reducers than slower and be stuck with it like that!

·
SUICIDE: The Only Answer
3,199 Posts
all of the valves I ordered are 1/2 inch. if i need it slower i can make it slower, you cant make a 3/8 valve faster.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
jm2200 said:
all of the valves I ordered are 1/2 inch. if i need it slower i can make it slower, you cant make a 3/8 valve faster.
Yeah, but a 3/8 dumps quite fast even at the rear of the truck especially with a 4.3 under the hood.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for all the input!!! I went with 8 1/2" I will put ball valves on the dumps if I have tooo :D

1 - 20 of 82 Posts