S-10 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post, but I’m doing the 2.8 to 3.4 swap, my truck is the 5 speed. The 3.4 came out of camaro also a 5 speed. Will I need to change the flywheel. It looks thicker compared to what the 2.8 has.

·
Administrator
21,270 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post, but I’m doing the 2.8 to 3.4 swap, my truck is the 5 speed. The 3.4 came out of camaro also a 5 speed. Will I need to change the flywheel. It looks thicker compared to what the 2.8 has.
If you were sorry, you wouldn't bring up an old thread. You're better off starting your own thread.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Yes, you need to swap the flywheel. They are different thicknesses.

Make sure your S10 flywheel is a neutral balance flywheel.

BTW I might be interested in your F-Body flywheel. I've use that flywheel in one of my swaps (Not an S-10), and would like a spare.

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,287 Posts
Hint, the neutral balance flywheel won't have any weights on it. I've been told you can grind them off the old one, but I don't recommend that.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have a 92 s10 2.8l 5 speed Reg. cab 2wd. Thinking about doing a swap soon as funds allow. What about a 3400 from a camaro, stay with tbi but go with 4.3 tbi and injectors, a good size cam, headers, exhaust and a set of 4.10 gears with posi. What kind of times and hp could i expect from this?
Basically a bolt in swap, 160 hp stock. Tbi is the easy way to go...bore intake for larger 4.3 tbi add free flow exhaust for 15-20 more hp. The difference compare to the 2.8 is very noticeable, power of a 4.3 with better mileage, definitely worth wild swap.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts