S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick post, last year when I bought my truck i serviced the tranny, upon dropping the pan i noticed my 1-2 solenoid (which I was replacing at the time, to fix a hard 1-2 shift) was tightly fit, however my 3-4 was a little loosey goosey, at rhe time, my brother said he thinks thats how its supposed to be. So i stupidly went along with that, now my transmission has always had some odd problems such as slipping 2-3 when its really cold, but shifts fine when it warms up, and delayed shifting especially going up hill ill have the pedal all the way to the floor for a few seconds before it shifts, and if i dont let off the pedal soon enough itll go straight into OD,
Recently I was replacing my int wiring harness when got to looking at it again and it still bugging me
Now ive read that a loose or bad 3-4 solenoid will burn out tour clutch pack, but i figured after a year it would of ate up something, and i drive 6 hours there and back every month for drill, so my old truck is getting some mileage, any thoughts?

·
Randy
166 Posts
Either the plastic part of solenoid is loose in the metal frame or the o-ring is bad. I have never seen a valve body worn in the bore for the solenoids. The solenoid just pushes in to the bore and is held in by a clip. The whole solenoid can be bought from just about any parts store.

·
Randy
166 Posts
No, not any codes if it is functioning. I checked a couple of vb's today. Because they aren't bolted down. A guy might consider it to be loose. The 2-3 solenoid has no springs in the valve line-up. Because of that it will seem looser than the other. The 1-2 solenoid has a pretty stiff spring in the line-up, be careful when/if you pull that clip. I've seen it shoot out of the bore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Tranzman
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing