S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mr. Johnson
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Plan On Putting A 3/4 Drop On My 83 But What Is Best? 3 Inch Coil Springs Or 3 Inch Control Arms For Front. And 3 Inch Leafs And 1 Inch Blocks In Back?

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
what's with all these threads lately asking about drop control arms? anyways, they suck, go with 3" drop coils if those are your only 2 options. Personally I would go with 2" drop spindles and 1" drop coils. If you go with 3" drop coils you will need drop shocks in the front, and if you go with the 3" drop leafs and 1" blocks in the rear then you will need drop shocks back there as well.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
A) you are limited to only dropping the front 3" when you use them because it is highly recommended that you use only stock coil springs and stock spindles.

B) because you lose clearance between them and the ground, causing them to get hung up on bumps and cracks in the road. They lower the truck by dropping the coil spring 3" down, so the bottom of the drop control arm is 3" below the bottom of your stock control arm. They are just sticking out there waiting to get snapped off by the first bump you hit.

Now as with everything else, everyone has their own opinion on them. Some people like them and swear by them, but the majority of people I have seen on here do not like them and would not run them. Me, not only would I not run them, but would not even install them for somebody else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts