S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to the whole mini truckin thing. my last car was a j-spec twin turbo rx7. That was all about speed, not suspension. So now im hooked on my recently aquired 98 chevy s-10. it's 2 tone and with 33,000 miles on it i got it for 7,000. My question is dropping the front 3 inches would only require springs right. and dropping the back 4 would either require lowering blocks or drop leaf springs, correct? I was going to order a set of 3 inch lowering springs for the front and drop leaf springs for the rear. is this ok? I was also going to put in toxic shocks all the way around. How will this look and will it work?

·
Need MO POWER
17 Posts
its better to use spindles with springs, but my brother has that same drop on his 94 and looks fine, if you want to go down anymore in the future your better off going the 2" springs now later going with a 2"spindles thats the correct way. thats what i have.
"THATS JUST MY OPPINION I COULD BE WRONG" D.M

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
ive done over 95 s10s and for the drop you want you can go either springs and spindles or just 3 inch drop sprigns. the belltech 3 inch drop springs ride better than the stock ones and will ride fine. in back you can go with leafs and a 1 inch block or ive gone with the djm 4 inch angled blocks on many trucks with no problems

tony

·
Registered
214 Posts
You can also use three inch control arms in the front. www.Stylinconcepts.com sells a DJM kit that uses the control arms and four inch blocks for about $190. The nice thing about the control arms is that you get to keep your factory springs, and therefore, your factory ride.

-Chris

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
for less than $150 you can lower your truck 3/4 w/ springs and blocks. I'm taking Tony's advice, he seemed almost suprised that the ride w/ 3" coils is as good as it is. As far as the coils them selves I'm betting the Belltechs are better than the rest, whether they are progressive springs or not I dont know. I shall sonn find out though. :)

·
Need MO POWER
17 Posts
if you just want to lower it and save money www.autobahnwholesale.com has Chassis Tech package $75.00
3-4"springs and blocks. cant beet that ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts