S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay you guys talked me out of the 2/3, So I am going to go with a 3/4 or 3/3.

My question is what all do u need
I am going with Spindles, So I need Spindles,Blocks, and Shocks Right.

Oh and they do make 3 inch spindles right or do i have to get a 2 inch spindle and a 1 inch coil.

and does anyone know good brands and the price frame I am looking at.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Belltech.

2" spindles $149
1" coils $84
3" blocks $26

They don't make 4" blocks but I believe Chassis Tech does.

You may need new shocks, but mine are now blown and it still rides fine.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BUMPING UP

and can install these or do I need a shop to do it?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I will probably get the 4inch blocks

BTW your truck looks nice!

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
You want 2" Spindles, 1" Coils, 3" leaf Springs and 1" Blocks. This way if you want to go lower is is cheap to just buy coils and blocks.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But leaf springs are more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

and if I want to go lower than that

I will just BAG IT

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I did my 5/6 for around $130...the rest was giving to me..

Fanatic X gave me 4" angled blocks
Dustro gave me the 3" coils
I bought the spindles from AIM. (Got delivered in a week.)
and I installed it and pulled 2 of 4 leafs per side.

hell-a-deal!
:D

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
phat96 said:
BTW your truck looks nice!
Thanks Bro, I want to lower it another inch in front and 2" in back when I get my crossmember nubs off there. Pretty cool to go down an inch and still be gaining an inch of clearance :thumbup: Dont forget with 4" drop in back your gonna want to get those bumpstop brackets off there. At 3" I can stand the occassional bang from the axle but anymore than that and its kinda :gay: I would be bottoming out more if I didnt have the stiff a$$ Toxic Shocks on there.

Good luck with your drop, get some pics!

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
s10rz350 said:
If your at stock height you'll probably want 4" blocks.. here is a shot of mine w. 3" blocks, leaf above O-load removed (ZQ8 leaf pack) 2" spindles, 1" spring. (Belltech) and as you can see rear is still kinda high. http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3231
i am not sure, im kinda asking, but 4" blocks dont really give u 4 inches on an extended cab do they? i just remember hearing something about it but not real sure, anyone know?

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Nah, what ever size block you use is what its gonna drop.. unless your already bottoming out the axle. Your thinking of springs, i think :). Springs take time to settle and a 1" drop spring really only does a .75" drop (or there abouts)..

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
alright, i think the guy i heard it from was talkin about the blocks in his mazdawg, im not sure though

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
i have the djm 3 in lower control arm and a 4 in block i had to cut my bump stops though because i only had 1 in between my diff and my bump stops it rides alot better now but im going to take the whole bump stop mount off the ride is kinda cushy because of the stock front coils and shocks but it rides good and the lower arm is the only way to easily fit 20s inthe front

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Guys
I think I am going to get the 3/3 Belltech Drop using 2"spindles, 1"coils, and 3" blocks becuz I can get a good deal on them here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts