S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok soon im gonna want to drop my truck. problem is i have brand new 225/50 r-15 tires and they look goofy with that huge wheel gap. They gave me a 2 inch drop right away since they are 4 inches shorter than a 205/75
I wanna put a 3/4 drop on my truck. I want to do this cheap, but I dont know a lot about suspension yet. Is there a problem with 3 inch coils and 4 inch blocks, other than it probably riding rough i guess?
I saw an ad for a company calledAutobahn wholesale in my truckin magazine, offering a 3/4 drop of coil springs and angled blocks for $75 dollars. they dont have a website and it says to send money thru western union...clains its chassis tech suspension. Anyone know about these guys?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
726 Posts
dont know about chassis tech as far as how good they are but I have heard of them and they are almost as common as beltech
they are one of the top 3 drop companys for s10's the other 2 being beltech and DJM so I am sure they are pretty good
as for autobahn they are a reputable place and I have a friend who wont buy anything for his truck unless he gets it from them or a straight from GM if its a factory peice

as far as dropping your truck
another friend of mine has a 2000 reg cab V6 truck and he dropped his 3/3 with spindles and blocks and he used stock height shocks and its "ok" but i wouldnt reccomend it
with 3" drop coils you really need to get lowered shocks for the front but using blocks in teh rear doesnt change the shock height or mounting location so stock shocks will be ok in the back

as for the rough ride I would say forget about all of that and do 2" spindles and 1" coils in the front it will give you a 3" drop and wont ride as rough and you can still use stock shocks with a 1" coil (spindles dont change shock height or mount location, like blocks in the rear) the only down side is spindles and coils will cost a tad more than just buying 3" coils (spindles will cost 150 plus whatever it costs for the 1" coils) so that will add to the price but you dont have to buy expensive drop shocks tho so it might equal out
also after you lower it dont forget that no matter which way you lower it you will also need to get a frontend alignment afterwards

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i have a serious problem with my budget right now and unless i can get it done as cheaply as possibly its not gonna happen for a while. What are the major disadvantages of getting a 3" coil instead of 2" spindles and 1" coil?

·
Registered
920 Posts
97 4.3s-10 said:
well i have a serious problem with my budget right now and unless i can get it done as cheaply as possibly its not gonna happen for a while. What are the major disadvantages of getting a 3" coil instead of 2" spindles and 1" coil?
ride and very limited suspension travel, and your gonna need a drop shock with a 3in coil up front

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've got the 3/4 DJM kit (coils/blocks). The ride is good...just as good as spindles and coils. It will bottom out <rarely> in the front though. You will need front shocks. Don't forget to figure in an alignment into your budget also. Total I'd say it'll cost you about $200 for the kit/shocks/alignment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts