S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MECP Certified
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been looking at a 3/4 drop, using 3" coils in front and 4" angled blocks in back...if i do decide to go on with this setup what kind of ride can i expect to receive? will i feel every bump i go over, or is it gonna be about where its at now?

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
it wont be great but if you use quality shocks and springs it wont be bad at all. Just remember you get what you pay for.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
as clean n low said its all about the quality of the stuff u get....but what i do know if u want a nice ride dont get nitro-drop shocks....also your probably gonna have to cut the rear bumpstops out so u dont bottom out....

Anyone know a good brand of shock i should get to replace my nitro-drops? which will give me alot better ride quality but still be intended for sporty purposes....

·
MECP Certified
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was talking to a friend the other night that has dropped his s10 5/6 and he was saying that the bumpstops are actually what keep the axel from hitting the from, is this true? if so, that would mean if i take em out, wouldn't my axel endup hitting the fram whenever i go over the rough rail road trax in our ****ty town?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
well if have to cut the bumps AND the bump brackets out this will give you about 5-6 inches of clearance....then just liquid nail a pieve of rubber to the frame or buy some aftermarket bumps....you wont regret doing it
heres a link to show u want i'm talking about
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=690&highlight=bumpstops
i did a 2/3 drop ontop of the zq8 suspension and it practicely rode on the bumps stop not only was it a horrible ride but if i want to drop it another inch the bumps would have held the back end up from dropping anymore......not only that but if you ever get nice wheels with lowpro tires your asking to bend a rim w/o suspension travel

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you want a good ride, use spindles in front, you won't even have to change shocks, but if you wanna save a little $$$$ go with springs, my buddy is selling a set of Belltech springs (3"), $65 shipped, let me know if you're interested.:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts