S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
it's gonna be clean
107 Posts
anywhere from 100-300 dollars maybe... i had mine done a long time ago and i think it was right at 100 ;x

·
Squid Life
1,781 Posts
I know you are going to get a million people on here who are going to say "do it yourself"...so let me be the first. It really isn't that hard if you have a half assed idea of which direction to hold a wrench...you can save yourself a boat load of money that cn be respent else where on your truck and if you ever decide to lower it further in the future...you will have the knowledge to be able to do it quick and easy...plus you won't be questioning some one else's work...that being said...this post is worthless as far as your question goes, because I have no idea how much it would cost...I lowered my own truck.

·
s-series #2?
gone
24,805 Posts
i asked the local autolab on labor for replacing spindles. for 2 sides they quoted me for $275.40 with me supplying the parts. and then $69 for the alignment. **** that. thats for spindles only. well i guess itll be better with just coils and blocks but still...

·
No more switches
13,451 Posts
it may be a pretty penny for a shop to do it because a) a lot of shops ass rape you on cost abd b) a lot of shops ass rape you on cost.
i'm thinking 300-400 ur going to get hit, AND cuz ur 16 they'll prob quote you at 500 and try scam you.

I'd vote for read up on it and try it yourself, i'm sure there is someone in the Iowa area that can help you out.

·
is Under Construction!
62 Posts
dude, I have the same truck. see the link in my sig. I have a 2/3.5, soon to be 3/4.5. (maybe 3.5/5)

I did the work myself. Took like 3 hours up front and 2 hours the rear. Your truck looks rust free, so it should be an easy job. If you take your time, it should go well. If you using Belltech's stuff, there are actualy step-by-step instructions to change the spindles.

A good shop should not take more than 3 hours to do the whole job. Car lifts, impacts, all the proper tools. Say 3 hours @ $75/h = $225 plus an alignment. Say $300 for the whole job. That would be my guess. Still expensive.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yea its really not that hard to drop a truck, even with basic tools. I'd be willing to help, just that I'm way too busy at the moment to get involved in something like that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
bro its mad easy to drop it, all u need is simple hand tools and a jack, i got a 3/3 drop for my s-10 for 84 bucks, coils and block. i orderd that shit from napa, i work there so i get wholesale cost, gotta love it, but other then that its mad easy and u can say u did it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts