S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1988 2.8L R W and B
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me what the gm crate DOHC motor put outs stock....hp/tq would be nice. just wondering...i heard something like 160 and 200 but i didnt know if that was the gm crate DOHC. thanks guys.

·
Registered
695 Posts
WTF are you talking about?

Are you talking about the replacement for S-10'S or the 3.6L VVT DOHC motor?

The replacement for the S-10 is NOT DOHC. It is, and always was, a pushrod motor. It is 160 TP and 180 TQ as far as I can remember. But that is with a stock rochester carb. With a holley carb and better intake it makes alot more. It also makes more with EFI instead of a carb.

The 3.6L VVT is the only current DOHC V6 from GM and it makes 260 HP but it not a swap for the S-10.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Post a link to it then...I'm curious to see this

·
02 shortbed owner
143 Posts
i have to agree with mabru i have to have proof, this sounds wrong

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts

·
HARÍA PIS EN SU EXTREMO
6,543 Posts
wow simmer down a bit there. Maybe he was a little confused or misinformed. No need to go calling him out.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thats the old 3.4L DOHC motor found in FWD cars. It is call the 3.4L TDC (Twin Dual Cam) or is sometimes referd to as the Quad Cam. But it is NOT sold as a gm crate engine through gm performance parts.

You might by a string of luck find one somewhere as a GM goodwrench motor. However it will not work in an S-10 if that is your intension

Yes it was rated at 210HP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts