S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anyone know if this part already exists please let me know because it will probably save a headache but I want to take a 3.4/3400 with the 2.8 intake bored on both sides to fit the head and a 4.3 tbi does this work in theory or will the 2.8 intake not bolt up to the 3400 heads anything helps thanks

·
time to get cereal
3,678 Posts
I highly highly doubt you can get the old iron intake to fit on aluminum heads, and not sure why you would want to anyway. If you want a FWD 3.4 setup, just use the SFI system, way better than any TBI junk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I highly highly doubt you can get the old iron intake to fit on aluminum heads, and not sure why you would want to anyway. If you want a FWD 3.4 setup, just use the SFI system, way better than any TBI junk.
What needs to be done to use the sfi I just hate wiring so that's why I was trying to go with the tbi since it's set up for it already

·
time to get cereal
3,678 Posts
Well, if you hate wiring, you probably don't want to go SFI. You'll need the computer and wiring harness from the donor vehicle, plus you'll have to cut and weld the intake plenum.

I would stick with the RWD stuff if you don't want a bunch of wiring and fabbing.

Reactions: jimmykicker

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,434 Posts
The 3.4 Camaro RWD block is the easiest swap. I did this but with a crate engine. Converted the carbureted truck to EFI and put the bored out intake a 4.3 on it. It’s easy breezy with TBI. I have a sticky at the top on how to do it if your truck is carbureted.
I thought about doing the SFI swap, but honestly I didn’t see much value in performance gains.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 3.4 Camaro RWD block is the easiest swap. I did this but with a crate engine. Converted the carbureted truck to EFI and put the bored out intake a 4.3 on it. It’s easy breezy with TBI. I have a sticky at the top on how to do it if your truck is carbureted.
I thought about doing the SFI swap, but honestly I didn’t see much value in performance gains.
Sweet thanks a lot but do you think the old 2.8 plenum will bolt on to a 3400 top end because i don't want to run sfi either but I want that extra flow

·
time to get cereal
3,678 Posts
The sticky he mentioned gives you all of the info you need.

·
Registered
915 Posts
No, the 2.8 intake won't bolt to the 3400 heads and even if it did it don't flow well. I had thought of doing the 3400 head/intake swap at one time but decide to do an LS swap instead, have lots of parts inclus header flanges. FullThrottleV6.com has a lot of info on the 3400 / 3.4 hybrid check it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts