S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
C.L.I.T. Commander
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i get the belltech kit with 3" coils and 3" blocks, will there be any problems with bumpstops up front? also, summit says this kit is only for the 4-cylinder models, is this BS? thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Either get the correct V-6 kit, or use spindles, the 4-cyl coils will be too soft for the heavier 6. Spindles ride better also.

·
C.L.I.T. Commander
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what if i used 2" spindles and 1" coils, i was worried about 3" coils anyway, causing my wheels to camber inwards, would this happen. if i can get away with coills, id like to do that so save money

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
don't listen to these guys...I have 3" coils in my X and it rides fine. I don't see them owning any 3" coils so how would they know. Just make you get you front re-aligned after you get done installing the coils and that will get rid of the camber angle...but my X didn't have that problem. If you are looking to save money go with the coils.:thumbup: And besure to unbolt your front bump stops and take them out.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
3" aframe drop..... those work as well :)

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
xtremer-pxl said:

In other words...3" drop lower control arms?
yeah you could say that too but im too tired today to freaking think right now.... my mind has run away and im stuck at work

·
C.L.I.T. Commander
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, ill probably go with the 3" coils then- thanks for the help guys. time to start savin money........

·
C.L.I.T. Commander
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah, if i get rid of the bumpstops, will the frame and suspension hit eachother and cause problems? that wouldnt be so cool.......... although once i drop and fix the exterior, i wont take it off-road like i do now....

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
3" coils are fine as long as you don't get cheap-o-AIM brand type. I had 3" beltechs on my old truck and they rode beautiful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts