S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a hook up for "at cost" on 3 12's and for installation and for custom box for my truck. My first question, should i get 10's instead if i go with 3? and my second question... should 200 watts per sub be sufficient??? They are going to be Kenwood subs with possibly Kenwood amps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey....... sounds like a pretty good deal. Well as for whether or not to go with tens or twelves, it all depends on your preference. With the 12's, you'll be able to get lower frequencies, but the will take up a lot of space. The 10's will get low..... and unless you are extremely hardcore, you may not notice much difference in frequency range between the two sizes. But the ten's do take up less space. As for the amount of power...... two hundred watts per sub should be plenty of power. Just make sure that you run at least 4-gauge if not 2 or not gauge wire from the battery back. Just need to be sure to get enough juice to the amps and not starve them for power.:thumbup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx

Hey Thanx man, I just worked out how they are gonna sit in the ext. part of my cab.... Way too cool... The guy is only gonna charge me like $200 for EVERYTHING.. I already have an amp though. Way too good to be true :cool:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Re: Thanx

X-Stylin735 said:
Hey Thanx man, I just worked out how they are gonna sit in the ext. part of my cab.... Way too cool... The guy is only gonna charge me like $200 for EVERYTHING.. I already have an amp though. Way too good to be true :cool:
sounds like a sweet deal:thumbup: just be careful that the items arent HOT!:bash:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh i know they aren't hot... He's gonna get my receipts. I went and priced another amp for me deck... I want to keep the same brand (Cantus) and all they offer is another 400 watt amp dual channel...My question is can i run 1-12 off of each amp, and then put the Left channel of the 3rd sub on one amp and the other channel on the other sub... Would that work???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts