S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lifting my old 2001 S10 2wd 4.3L. Putting it on a 5" lift with fiberglass prerunner fenders to be able to clear 35s. Any suggestions or concerns I should upgrade or pay attention too, transmission, gearing, etc. Since I know nothing about lifting this truck? Any help would be great!

·
Been there Done it
12,487 Posts
That's about a 26% increase in diameter. If you truck has the usual 3.08 gears found on late 4.3 2wd trucks you will need to change the rear to 4.10 to not lose performance. Your transmission likely will need a good build with some serious upgrades to survive trying to rotate that size tire w/o burning up quickly. You PCM will need some reprogramming or the ABS will stop working since the wheel speed inputs will be way different than it is programmed for. It's also going to ride like a dump truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's about a 26% increase in diameter. If you truck has the usual 3.08 gears found on late 4.3 2wd trucks you will need to change the rear to 4.10 to not lose performance. Your transmission likely will need a good build with some serious upgrades to survive trying to rotate that size tire w/o burning up quickly. You PCM will need some reprogramming or the ABS will stop working since the wheel speed inputs will be way different than it is programmed for. It's also going to ride like a dump truck.
Ah! Ty I'll look into all this for sure! Great advice!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Is this a 4x4 wannabe rig?
Find a Ford Exploder rearend with 4.11's in it and redrill the axles. That way you will at least have a chance to make it somewhere before you shred the existing R&P.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this a 4x4 wannabe rig?
Find a Ford Exploder rearend with 4.11's in it and redrill the axles. That way you will at least have a chance to make it somewhere before you shred the existing R&P.
Cool got yah, and no hahah. I have a 4x4 Sierra already. I'm going to make this a low end trophy truck. I just need clearance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.