S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I built my '93 S10 for drag racing. But I also built it to be steetable. Due to medical issues, I have decided to give up drag racing. I now want to be able to use the truck on dirt roads. Nothing crazy, standard street tires would likely work, but I would like to use RWL all terrain tires. Unfortunately I have been unable to find any that fit the stock 14x6 stock wheels. It would be expensive to buy all new 15" wheels, but there is also another problem. They would likely rub in the front. Does anyone know of any all terrain tires that will fit the stock wheels, or if not, 15" tires that would be very little larger in diameter and width than the stock tires?

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
370 Posts
I've run BFGoodrich All-Terrains KO tires for over 25+ years on my 2wd S-10 trucks. I use a 215/75R15 tire on a 15x8.5" rims with standard back spacing and have no problems with rubbing at all. I think a 235/75R15 on a smaller 15x7 rim would also be fine without any trimming. You could pick up some factory aluminum rims at a salvage yard if you need cheaper rims.

·
Registered
41 Posts
FWIW, about 15 years ago I had a 94 Jimmy 4x4 with 2 different pairs of All Terrain (or M/S?) 235/75r15s on it when I bought it. I bought 4 new matching AT tires and gave the 4 old tires to my brother for his 2x4 4 door 94 Blazer. I think stock he had P205/75r15s. He did have some rubbing at full lock in front, and maybe some rubbing in the rear going over large bumps. Just guessing a Blazer/Jimmy might have less wheel tub clearance at rear for tires. But front would be the same I'd think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've run BFGoodrich All-Terrains KO tires for over 25+ years on my 2wd S-10 trucks. I use a 215/75R15 tire on a 15x8.5" rims with standard back spacing and have no problems with rubbing at all. I think a 235/75R15 on a smaller 15x7 rim would also be fine without any trimming. You could pick up some factory aluminum rims at a salvage yard if you need cheaper rims.
with your setup do you have any offset cause I want my stock 95 have have tires lined up with fender cause right now their way under and look bad

·
Administrator
22,389 Posts
Dead thread...

Closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.