S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to put a locker in the rear end of my 93 2WD. How do I find out what axle this truck has also should I put a full time or limited slip locker? Truck is mostly highway driven .

·
Registered
50 Posts
10bolt... if its used on the road i would say get a posi(limited slip)... altho they can get rather expensive..

look for a LockRite locker, they disengage when you turn, run only around $300 new(last i checked a few months ago, could have changed)

its a pretty simple install, maybe a few hours with the right tools....

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
red baron had somethin about it i think check your glovebox? and see the code look in his thread towards the end i think or just pm him

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys!:D

·
LOL NEON
1,456 Posts
im on a school comp with very limited internet so does anyone know the price range on a electronically locking diff?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
s10jimmi said:
im on a school comp with very limited internet so does anyone know the price range on a electronically locking diff?
This is the locking system not the Locker itself.

Chevy/GMC S/T-Series

Chevy/GMC S/T-Series PSL 500
Image(s) may differ from actual product appearance.

The 4 x 4 Posi-Lok replaces the existing vacuum actuator with a new manually controlled shifter. The front axle is a two piece axle. When you shift into 4wd the vacuum shift motor will slide a collar over the gap between the two shafts making them work as one. The vacuum actuator is prone to failure. The 4 x 4 Posi-Lok replaces the vacuum actuator with a manual version. Now when you shift in to 4wd, the front driver side axle is turning, but the passenger side axle is not operating until you engage the 4 x 4 Posi-Lok handle. This works great with lockers. When the front axle is locked, you can disengage the passenger side in order to make turns without wheel hop and then engage the axle after the turn.

1983-01 S-10/S-15 Sonoma Pickup 4WD, 1983-01 S-10 Blazer/S-15 Jimmy 4 WD, Includes All ZR2 Models, With Vacuum Actuator
POSPSL500
$97.88$92.99

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I hope this is what you wanted I don't know what Lockers will work with it though. This is from 4 Wheel Parts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
thats not a locker,t hat simple engages the FRONT diff on s series vehicles, are you talking about the actual new carrier in the rear axel?

an electronic locker would be like a Detroid Eletrac... which.. arent cheap.. in the least bit

http://www.detroitlocker.com/DE.htm

·
RRAARR!!!!
240 Posts
if you want a factory locker, get one from an s series blazer or pickup that has a g80 code on the inside of the glovebox. this is a mechanical locker that drives one wheel until it is spinning substantially faster than the other. then a small couterweight swings in and engages the other axle. its made by eaton. gm used it in a lot of vehicles. they seem kinda violent to me and ive heard of many people self destructing them into many little pieces. go with a posi. i found one out of an 80 something camaro. works good on the street. but like any posi, if you want good reliable performance, go with a better locker unit like powertrax, or aussie (same as powertrax but better quality and smoother). go here for a decoding of the codes found on the inside of your glove box to find out your axle, gear ratio and a whole ton of other stuff. http://www.c2e.info/rpocodes/MODERNGMRPO.html

hope this helped.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a lockrite locker 1930 LR. For 28 spline .10 bolt diffs. Came off my 98 s10. Works great easy to put in! Ill make a deal with someone if there interested.
Txt 949 486 9501 anytime for questions and picks
Im just a guy with one part not a company. Can do pay pal pick up prefferd tho.

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
HOLY searching Batman.

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
I am glad the search function was used. I am noticing more older threads are bumped than the same ole question are being asked.

·
Life's too short for IFS
748 Posts
I have a lockrite locker 1930 LR. For 28 spline .10 bolt diffs. Came off my 98 s10. Works great easy to put in! Ill make a deal with someone if there interested.
Txt 949 486 9501 anytime for questions and picks
Im just a guy with one part not a company. Can do pay pal pick up prefferd tho.
I'll say it again... post it in the for sale section please.

Anyone that frequents here will agree, its annoying as hell to see someone bumping old threads trying to sell their crap.

This is the second ancient thread you've bumped up. lets make it the last.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts