S-10 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts

·
Offroad Smurf
363 Posts
Hell ya! What? is the shizznit when it comes to lifts! He helped me out so much!

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Updated, Brake lines.

·
Spike 10
97 Posts
Updated, Brake lines.
OK so I follow correctly
Add Fabtech spindle =+3.5"
INstall Moog spring = +1"
Total 4.5" lift
Do I need to extend the brake line ?
Also Do I need new upper control arms ? Adjustable ? AND flip the ball joint ?
If I only add the FT spindles, do I still need control arms ? or will alignment remain good

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK so I follow correctly
Add Fabtech spindle =+3.5"
INstall Moog spring = +1"
Total 4.5" lift
Do I need to extend the brake line ?
Also Do I need new upper control arms ? Adjustable ? AND flip the ball joint ?
If I only add the FT spindles, do I still need control arms ? or will alignment remain good
Yes, extended brake line is ideal.

You don't need new upper control arm.

Flip balljoint is recommended.

You need control arm with fabtech spindle to function the suspension driveabilty. ;)

You'll need to align after any sort of lift/drop/stock you do to the truck on the front.

·
Spike 10
97 Posts
Yes, extended brake line is ideal.

You don't need new upper control arm.

Flip balljoint is recommended.

You need control arm with fabtech spindle to function the suspension driveabilty. ;)

You'll need to align after any sort of lift/drop/stock you do to the truck on the front.

Thanks for your time and answer
As far as alignemnt I meant will it be able to be aligned within specs after the spindles without new control arms

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your time and answer
As far as alignemnt I meant will it be able to be aligned within specs after the spindles without new control arms
Yes, as long balljoints, bushings and bearings are ok or replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi folks, I'm new to the S10 scene and have found lots of usefull info on here. I want to make sure I understand it all right. This is going on a 2001 Blazer LS 2dr 2wd with a 4.3.
-3 inch Fabtech lift spindles
-2 inch Dick Cepek lift springs
-New flipped Moog ball joints
-Axle flip kit on rear (says 5" lift)
-2 inch body lift
Here are the questions:
-Do I need to replace the upper control arms with using Fabtech spindles?
-Can I run 33x10s without rubbing?
-What backspacing to use with wanting the tires bout an inch or two outside the fenders?
-What shocks are the best to use?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Because 98-up Blazers have an upgrade brake system lift spindles won't work on your Blazer unless you change all these parts:

The good news is Blazers sit higher off the frames then the S10 trucks do, I know people who have installed 32/11.50/15 tires with a body lift, coils and shackles with just minor trimming

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update, Dick Cepek Coil Spring.

If you have any questions, PLEASE make a thread instead of posting it here. :tup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
ive been reading and trolln around the s10 fourms for about a month now and im stoked people like you What? and all the other fellas on here with so much info to share with everyone. thanks guys

·
Registered
30 Posts
great info but i cant seem to find info on body lifts i have already done suspension lift and all that i have left is thish 2 inch preformance accessories body lift its going on a 1989 s10 sport manual tranny is there any tips hints tricks that i shoud know before jupin in it thanks for the help..... I should have done a build thread but I forgot so now i will have to buy another dime and start over this time i will take pictures

·
Registered
274 Posts
Don't really know if this helps you very much buy when I put the 3" body lift on my '91 everything was pretty straight forward except having to weld in the transmition extension but it was a column shift so I don't really know on the manual trans

·
Electrical Mod
56,116 Posts
It should have a pretty detailed instruction manual with the body lift, if not, look up the part number on google and you can find the manuals online.

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rear Tow Hook added.

·
Registered
4 Posts
body lift was easy for the most part when i lifted my 95 2wd 5spd with that performance excessories kit. the only roungh patch i hit is lining the cab up with the bed and putting on the extentions for the filler neck and vent line to the tank. other wise soak everything down with pb blaster 2 nights before ya tear into it and blast it with some more every chance ya get. the instructions suck. just wang it. its simple.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, im new to adding lift on trucks because as a kid i always bought trucks that were already lifted. i just bought a 2001 s10 ls pickup and want to get it raised up enough to fit 30s underneath it and stil be able to drive through the cow pasture without the tires rubbing or having problems with the lift. can you guys hook me up with a check list of things i need to have to achieve this. i dont want to short cut it either but i dont wana be throwing thousands into a work truck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts