S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question for those of you who actually know what your talking about, unlike me. i want to get my 2wd 03' s10 to look alittle less pansy. i dont really offroad except to get to bike trails so a lift kit wouldnt make sence and body lifts are just gay. do you think it would be possible to buy the spindles off of a 4wd s10 and put those on to get the slightly higher ride hight? then just new brake lines and shackles in the back. it would cost so much less. anyone see a reason why that wouldnt work?

·
I MADE IT!!
574 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn yea i should have realized the 4wd would royally screw up that plan. are those ebay spindles worth buying or are they POS? cause there real cheap, which i like and not at the same time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i did some searching and found this

http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_2wd_s10.html

it looks like a great deal but is it a total peice of crap? it only needs to handle the ocational rip through some feilds or some really beat dirt roads, not like hardcore offroading. the problem i'm having is my budget is very tight. anyone know anything about this kit?

i just realized thats 01 and earlier and i have an 03 damn.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
would it be possible to stiffen my springs to essentialy make it ride slightly higher? and whats the cheapest place/kit to get 3 inch lift or so? sorry if my questions are anoying i just dont have much to put into this but i really want a lift. a body lift is my absolute last resort.

·
2wd Lift Expert
1,437 Posts
For any coil spring lift over 2" you'll need to change your upper A-arms. Did you PM sik_kreations_951 for a deal on his parts? To suggest some lift coils we would have to know your cab and motor size first. If you have a 4 cyl standard cab you could get some coils from a V6 extended cab for cheap. Check here for all your coil spring options. ;)

http://dezertdimes.com/viewtopic.php?t=243

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so if i have a 2wd 4 cyl extended cab would a v6 extended springs give me 2 inches or so of lift? cause that would be perfect i like the idea alot. sorry to pest with my unintelligent questions but im learning at least. i really apreciate your help Red.

·
Custom Painter
1,873 Posts
i have 2 springs, a fabtech which is probably one of the stiffest off the shelfs and new never used cst, which are probably a little milder with less lift after settle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts