·
Registered
1,254 Posts
In for pics
Should sell rather easy

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow. I got the exact same set up from my pick and pull for 149. Came with the sway bar and all the brackets. And gu4 is 3:08 if I’m not mistaken.

·
time to get cereal
3,421 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. I got the exact same set up from my pick and pull for 149. Came with the sway bar and all the brackets. And gu4 is 3:08 if I’m not mistaken.
If you can find them at a pull a part, you can get a great deal on one. Most have no clue what they are worth.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I got mine on Tuesday, pure luck at that!
8.5" 3.42 gears no locker w/disc

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
$150 at a pick n pull is normal yes.... But I've sold a couple for $400 complete like his. Not everyone likes to get dirty or want to wait to find the deal.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
$150 at a pick n pull is normal yes.... But I've sold a couple for $400 complete like his. Not everyone likes to get dirty or want to wait to find the deal.
Exactly. Time is money. You will spend a lot of time trying to find the right one in a junkyard because they are pretty uncommon. Not only do you need to find a 4.3/5spd combo, which is difficult to find, but the 4.3 needs to have the W code and not X (for years where they had both W and X 4.3s offered, I'm unsure about the last couple years of production when they were all X code) so it's not even all 4.3/5spds, only some of them. On top of it, many of them are found in 4x4s or ZR2s which are much wider axles, you will need to swap to different wheels if you go this route.

Typically I see asking prices of 400-600. Things that can add some value: 1. is it a 3.42 ratio? (only found on SOME 4.3/5spd blazers, trucks are all 3.08s) 2. does it have discs (blazer only)? 3. does it have a G80, and is it working? 4. Does it have the ZQ8 shock bracket or not?

Reactions: MY S10

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Reactions: Harley

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,692 Posts
Hey guys...you're polluting his thread. If you're interested in buying it...make an offer, otherwise take it to a forum for discussion.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,692 Posts
Again...if you're interested in buying it, make an offer, if not...let it go. 19 Replies and not one offer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts