S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am almost done rebuilding the 2se carburetor from my 85 2.8 and have a replacement ere, but is it needed in southern Arizona? During the winters, it may get down to 28 for a couple days at most, but average is about 35. The truck will mostly be in the garage, where its not too cold.

What say you?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the same question. What qualifies as low temperatures? Here in Victoria, BC, the temperature rarely drops below 0 degrees C.
Also, if the efe heater gasket is removed, the idle mixture will have to be adjusted, right?

·
It's "Neanderthal"
5,411 Posts
Mine malfunctioned (melted) so I took it completely out, and the truck ran better than ever. You won't have adjust anything.

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,312 Posts
Mine malfunctioned (melted) so I took it completely out, and the truck ran better than ever. You won't have adjust anything.

Funny you say that. When my truck had the Rochester still on it, when I removed the carb, it just crumbled and fell apart. Put a regular gasket on it and never had a problem (besides the carb being junk). :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where in Arizona? I'm in Kingman and just did the same thing. Took out efe after carb rebuild. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I did it right. Truck won't start. Just puffs and pops when I crank it

·
the new guy
716 Posts
that sounds like the timing is not right, or the spark plug wires are not in the right spots. I know this from plenty of experience in not putting them back properly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.