S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to resurrect a trashed out 94 Blazer and I'm to the point of repairing the dash damage. This car has the late 1st gen dash design (guages behind a square curved face). The original radio is gone and I don't have the budget for a "trick" sound system so I'm wondering what my options are for a junkyard replacement ? Am I limited to 1st gen radios or will a later GM Delco unit fit. Like maybe a CD radio from a 98 S-10 ?
I'd appreciate any help or info here. Thanks

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
i had a 99 s10 radio in my 93 s10...worked good...but i had to cut out the air vent and reshape it to fit since the newer radio is longer...and your truck should have the correct harness to plug up...if not metra makes a adapter for it....and you will have to make mounts for it since they dont line up...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that widens my options. As far as a $99 Wally World stereo goes, even that's out of my budget for this car. I bought the car from a lady who has the misfortune of having tweekers for children. They took this otherwise nice '94 Blazer (it's the one with 4drs, 4wd and ALL the options) and crashed it into a tree. Then, to punish their mother for not giving them any more money, they bashed all the glass out of it. I'd have shot the little SOBs. They also beat the instruments in and ripped the stereo out of the dash.
So far I've replaced the front cap and most of the glass but I still need to buy the pieces to put the dash back together and get a couple back tires.
I'm building it for my daughter to drive to school next year.

·
I'm a huge ass
10,798 Posts
at first i thought you were nuts
then i kept reading and realized youre a good father
just try to hit up the salvage yard for as much as you can
if the guys are cool you could get most everything for real cheap

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
x faktr said:
at first i thought you were nuts
then i kept reading and realized youre a good father
just try to hit up the salvage yard for as much as you can
if the guys are cool you could get most everything for real cheap
I bought an '85 2dr Blazer as a parts car for $200. I was able to use the front fenders and hood, mirrors, door glasses, taillites and rear hatch glass off it. It still has a good (if there is such a thing) 2.8 motor in it and the rest of the interior and body I can resell.
I got the rear door glasses and side glasses, grille, front bumper, radiator support, ac condenser and some odds-n-ends of rubber trim and stuff for $250 from the salvage yard. I only paid $200 for the '94 to begin with so I'm hoping to pull the whole thing together for around a grand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts