S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
-ANTI-BRAVADA COALITION-
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I've been doing some serious searching and can't come up with any answers. On a 1st gen master cylinder the brake lines come off on the outside and go toward the fender, but the 2nd gen master cylinders have the lines coming off on the inside and go toward the engine. The reason I need the newer style is that I'm bodied with 22's and when I lay out my wheel lays on the lines.

Does any know or have they installed a 2nd gen master cylinder on a first gen. And I already know about the universal ones with lines on both sides. Also I'm running a manual brake set up so I don't have a brake booster if that makes a difference. Thanks

·
-ANTI-BRAVADA COALITION-
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i got a 2000 blazer master cylinder today

what i gathered from comparing the two is that the outside bore of the 1st gen is bigger than the 2nd gen. but the inside bore where the plunger goes is the same with the same depth lip that mounts and centers the MC. also the two tabs that bolt the MC on are the same as the 1st gen.

the 2nd gen bolted up just fine, the only thing i have to change besides the way the line runs is that the rear line is a bigger diameter on the 1st gen. so its an easy fix while im putting new lines in anyway

1 - 3 of 3 Posts