S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys been a long time since I've posted I recently came across a un-tampered with LT1 in pullapart and I am going to pull it tommorow. I realize this probably has all been answered before but I was hoping to get all the information in one spot. I have a 1995 S10 2.2L 5 speed its a base model truck mainly I just need to know what I need to pull with the LT1 (its out of a 1994 buick roadmaster). I assume I need the complete engine harness and computer i believe I need all the accessories (alternator power steering A/C). I want every thing to work as if stock and I want to keep a manual tranny in it so what do i need to take and what trannyes can i use anything I need off a 4.3 truck aswell though there dime a dozen around these parts and i can get them later thanks

·
Its that dam ADD!
4,742 Posts
make sure its not the 4.3L LT1 and that its a 350 please, I regret this SO BAD!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that would suck it is def. the 350 there are tons of the 4.3 lt1 looking engines at the junkyard

·
Its that dam ADD!
4,742 Posts
just make sure that you run the block numbers or at least the heads before buying
your going to need a V-8 or 4.3 tranny at least to keep it a standard

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Forklift my bud had a t-5 out of a firebird the ones that the shifter is twisted is there a way to correct this and run it instead

·
376ci LSX MCSS? Say what?
7,589 Posts
PM ls1s10onair, he had a lt1 in his second gen, i think it was a 2.2 before also, not sure though. But as for swapping the motor, not sure what NC laws are, but from what ppl say on here it has to be atleast the same year or newer to pass inspection/emissions. Though thats just wat i have read from others posting on here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts