S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 342 Posts

·
Administrator
21,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MotoCam360 is willing to R&D a 2nd gen hood strut kit if he can get 10 people to commit to buying it. I know Redline tuning has a kit but his look much nicer and use different attachment points. You can see pics in the 1st gen section. I don't know the price, but would guse it would be comparable to the 1st gen kit. Let's get rid of the prop rod for a quality kit...

1. Rhotpursuit

·
Administrator
21,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MotoCam360 is willing to R&D a 2nd gen hood strut kit if he can get 10 people to commit to buying it. I know Redline tuning has a kit but his look much nicer and use different attachment points. You can see pics in the 1st gen section. I don't know the price, but would guse it would be comparable to the 1st gen kit. Let's get rid of the prop rod for a quality kit...

1. Rhotpursuit
2. Connor94. Im down, i wouldnt want to spend much more than the 1st gen kit though.
need some more

·
Dirty Old Man
151 Posts
+1=4
I'm in!!

·
Chopper! Sic balls!
39,379 Posts
As much as I want to shit can my prop rod I'd like to see what they come up with before I commit to buying.

·
RPO Delete
2,255 Posts
As much as I want to shit can my prop rod I'd like to see what they come up with before I commit to buying.
X2. I would like a kit but the hood attachment would need to be interchangeable (not permanent); I have three hoods and I don't feel like buying extra parts.

·
Administrator
21,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
X2. I would like a kit but the hood attachment would need to be interchangeable (not permanent); I have three hoods and I don't feel like buying extra parts.
If they turn out anything like the 1st gen kit, it would be a simple bolt on. MotoCam360 is willing to buy a 2nd gen as a test mule. If it turns out anything like his other products it will be very nice.

·
thread killer
99 Posts
as long as i dont have to drill any holes, i would be down to buy a set.
(do/will they come in black?)

i will need a time frame so i can save up though.

·
Administrator
21,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know. This is just to gauge how many people are interested. They haven't been R&D yet. I am not the person/company making them...I just want one...or two. My guess there will be some drilling required...how else would you attach them. You should check out their website. There is a link in the 1st gen section to their website.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would definitely buy one of these kits depending on how much it is. Money is a bit tight right now for me as well. I hope this goes through, I've wanted to do this for a while

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I've wanted to do this for some time, and I'd commit to it if I weren't currently strapped for funds.

·
Administrator
21,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't speak for MotoCam360, but I would guess it would be in the same neighborhood as the 1st gen kits. I'm hoping he will jump in and provide a little insight.

·
RPO Delete
2,255 Posts
I can't speak for MotoCam360, but I would guess it would be in the same neighborhood as the 1st gen kits. I'm hoping he will jump in and provide a little insight.
I'd like insight, too - projected cost, attachment design and material. I presume the first batches would be steel but I'm a sucker for underhood billet. If steel, will it be painted or powder coated?

·
Administrator
21,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd like insight, too - projected cost, attachment design and material. I presume the first batches would be steel but I'm a sucker for underhood billet. If steel, will it be painted or powder coated?
I have no idea. This was just to gauge interest. If they are anything like the 1st gen kits I'm sure they will be first class. there is a link to their website in the 1st ten gas strut thread. I haven't been in contact with him for some time and it was in the 1st gen thread.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I would take a set if they don't cost any more than the 1st gens.

1 - 20 of 342 Posts