S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive searched for hours cant find what im looking for so..

i have a 99 blazer bagged but i want to redo the crappy rear set up, i bought a 4 link and b.o.b. setup.

MY CONCERN IS, the upper bars are a bit shorter already than the lowers, and because of not a lot of room they need to be shortened more. does the fact of the bars being drasticly different leghts create a different swing of motion. creating a push or pull affect on the axel?

most of the pictures i find of 2drs are f9000, monoleaf, airshock, hand built frames etc. if anyone has info or pics of a b.o.b. setup or triangulated 4 link i would appreciate it. im sick of doing shit work and want to do this right.

·
forever unfinished
2,819 Posts
well my uper bars are shorter mainly because of trying the keep the rear seat and the space we had to work with, wish it coud of been done a little differnt but it is what it is. now i get vary little pinion change.

now for the b.o.b there is not a hole lot of room on the front bars to really run a bag, i would do a 6 link if it was me. do you have anything against a sleeve bag? my blazer rides like a dream and i get good lift. with that i have the stock gas tank and rear seat on 22's but i am not a fan of donk lift myself.

just a quick idea.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well my uper bars are shorter mainly because of trying the keep the rear seat and the space we had to work with, wish it coud of been done a little differnt but it is what it is. now i get vary little pinion change.

now for the b.o.b there is not a hole lot of room on the front bars to really run a bag, i would do a 6 link if it was me. do you have anything against a sleeve bag? my blazer rides like a dream and i get good lift. with that i have the stock gas tank and rear seat on 22's but i am not a fan of donk lift myself.

just a quick idea.

ya like the work youve done, i was thinking about using the stock crossmember and run the top bars the other angle than yours.

i jacked it up and kinda placed the bag brackets and bar in place, keep in mind my notch is bolt in. and it did seem it would work but its deffinetly tight.
your wheels are alot bigger than my 17 w/ 40 series, but your pinion angle is ok, it runs smooth??

thanks for the info anyways.

·
forever unfinished
2,819 Posts
i just have a weld in notch ha ha.

the was a guy on are site that just had a bolt in notch and bags on the lower bars they has 2 pivot points on each at the axle and made a bag mount there, i looked and looked and found a pic of his ride but all his pics were removed because he sold the blazer i beleave. i pmed him to see if he will send me any. was just on the other day. but about 10" from the axle there was a bag plate and they raped around another bar right there and put a sec pivot point to keep the bar from twisting, worked well and it road good.

mine rides like a dream and have just over 40k on the bag job with no problems. you will have to notch the cross member a lot to clear the drive shaft, i have seen a kit out there that uses the cross member as a upper link mount and it worked.

like so....
http://candospecialties.com/ part #CD-4LS10BLAZER

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok sweet thanks for the help, i appreciate it.

i had to cut a bit out of the cross member but not much belive it or not, but for the extra bit lower im goin i will have to.

is that part number for the bolt in blazer 4 link? ive already baught my 4 link. ill put pick up of what im thinking about after work.

hope that guy messages you back!

·
forever unfinished
2,819 Posts
yea thats the bolt on 4-link. i was just showing they use that cross member and how short there bars are to.

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,984 Posts
Different lengths between the upper and lower bars will cause the axle and pinion angle to swing differently. I don't know exactly how much or the details of it but it will need to be accounted for by adjusting the height of the your 4 link mounting points.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Different lengths between the upper and lower bars will cause the axle and pinion angle to swing differently. I don't know exactly how much or the details of it but it will need to be accounted for by adjusting the height of the your 4 link mounting points.

so say the lowers are where they have to be, if i maybe put the the uppers a bit higher on the crossmember end it possibly could eliminate it??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok well if you have a 2dr blazer with a bag on bar setup can you post a pic, its kinda hard to tell if theres enough room in there to fit a bag in front of the tire.

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,984 Posts
so say the lowers are where they have to be, if i maybe put the the uppers a bit higher on the crossmember end it possibly could eliminate it??
That's exactly what I mean but I dont know how much higher they would have to be or how to calculate it.

·
EconolineJunkie
1,402 Posts
Does anyone have anymore pics of 4 linked blazers? I'm notching mine tomarrow and starting on the 4 link but not quite sure how to go about it. If anyone has pics of there notches and link setups I would apreciate it alot thanks. ( Didn't mean to hijack sorry)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anyone have anymore pics of 4 linked blazers? I'm notching mine tomarrow and starting on the 4 link but not quite sure how to go about it. If anyone has pics of there notches and link setups I would apreciate it alot thanks. ( Didn't mean to hijack sorry)
no worries bud,

ive found that the f9000 or completly custom redone/ no back seat is more common than a triangulated 4 link. there isnt alot of room unless your not worried about the back seat. ive spent to many hours doing research on this, just get in and do it, everyone does it differently. also the wishbone 3link is very popular.

·
EconolineJunkie
1,402 Posts
I got my notches done. I have a First gen blazer but I think the frames are pretty much the same. I'm going bag on bar Tri 4 link and keeping the back seat. I'm starting on lower link bars tomarrow. I'll post up some pics when its all finished on how I linked it (Have a good plan and idea set out). And keeping the back seat is a must. Might just end up building a entire new seat frame tho. The way I plan is doing a crossmember ran more forward than the stock. My uppers should be aroung 4" shorter than the lowers which i'm running my lowers in about the stock leaf mount just on the inside of the frame. My pinion angle shouldn't change much at all if it works like I plan.

(I know this is a second gen forum but I belive the frames are the same. So hard to find any info for a blazer. So just so everyone's on the same page mine is a first gen. But everything done to the frame should be the same.)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its all good i know at time its hard to find info sometimes.

i think the front leaf perch on your is frame level, mine hung down so i cut it off.

i was hoping to put the bag on the lower bar but as you probably know there isnt alot of room, so thats about where im at now

my uppers are only about 2 1/2 inches larger because im trying to keep the the same leght, as close as i can anyway

i took out the buckets and found this in a 89 s10 and plan to put a back bench from and older year or out of a jeep, we'll see when i get there. a back seat is a must for me too, thats why i did the blazer.

·
Bought Not Built
3,541 Posts
Mines really close to draginlow's except i'm running behind and under brakcets on the axel for the bags. I have some pics somehwere, and i'll post some more in here after work sometime. I just dont have my photobucket username and pass word its all on my laptop at home

·
forever unfinished
2,819 Posts
Mines really close to draginlow's except i'm running behind and under brakcets on the axel for the bags. I have some pics somehwere, and i'll post some more in here after work sometime. I just dont have my photobucket username and pass word its all on my laptop at home

my bags are behind and under with air lift sleeves

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.