S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Now owns an S-10
8,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i searched around for the project/how-to on relocating all the shit under the hood, but all i could find was grndscrpr03's(it helps but i wanted to compare info) thread but i know there was a thread about it before.
I looked for 2b7 threads and i know you gotta cut more out of the pocket, and drill new holes in the upper cup 3/4" toward the spindle. Anything else?
While i'm swapping out the 2B7's i'm gonna make it lay up front (prolly on the Y pipe for now) and i cant even remember the name of the thread for that! I know you gotta notch for the tie-rod and cut the LCA's and reinforce them, but i dont know how much to cut. Anything else i'm missing?
It seems like i'm having a major brain fart today :rant:
Any help would be cool, thanks.
Time for me to go wire my lights up for my gauges... :)

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
You will have to move your body wire harness up about 2 inches, relocate the underhood fuse box, relocate the ecm, relocate the battery, remove your inner fenders, possibly remove/renovate your a/c (to lay on dubs), possibly get a smaller brake booster (to lay on dubs), get a different radiator overflow tank......hmmmm.

I guess some of that may not be necessary, but that is pretty much what is done to mine to lay out on dubs.

C

·
0 Posts
airjon23 said:
You will have to move your body wire harness up about 2 inches, relocate the underhood fuse box, relocate the ecm, relocate the battery, remove your inner fenders, possibly remove/renovate your a/c (to lay on dubs), possibly get a smaller brake booster (to lay on dubs), get a different radiator overflow tank......hmmmm.

I guess some of that may not be necessary, but that is pretty much what is done to mine to lay out on dubs.

You will have to move your body wire harness up about 2 inches :rant:, relocate the underhood fuse box :rant: , relocate the ecm :eek:, relocate the battery :rant:, remove your inner fenders :cool:, possibly remove/renovate your a/c (to lay on dubs) :rant:, possibly get a smaller brake booster :eek: (to lay on dubs), get a different radiator overflow tank :rolleyes:

:lol: The joys of minitrucking

·
355 member
13,485 Posts
didn't take my a/c out. did get a smaller brake booster though

·
Now owns an S-10
8,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i found one thread on some relocating, and laying out up front.

anybody got a link/info for the 2b7's? Or do i just redrill my upper cups out 3/4" towards the spindle and cut more of the spring pocket? is that it? seems like i'm missing something

·
355 member
13,485 Posts
have you checked out AvTekk's threads man?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
you see where it says 'Helpful Bag Forum Links' up at the top?? ya pretty much every question you have is listed there with pictures, and all my threads on 20s are at the bottom..

·
Now owns an S-10
8,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok bringing this thread back to life instead of starting a new one....

well i got the bag adapter plates from Ricky, and i found some free time to get into dads shop. Went to put my 2B7's (please i dont wanna hear your anti-Airlift BS, i havent had any problems yet) and i went to redrill my holes in the upper cups. The holes in the bag line right up with the slots in the cups, and if i slide the cup towards the spindle all the way, i already measure about 3/4" from the outside of the cup to the bag, but with my roll plates on (which should be the same anyways). And i didnt redrill anything. But even if i were to drill another 1/2", i would have to slot the fitting hole more, and i would end up grinding into the welds for the mounting bolt. I mounted the driver side up anyways, and put everything back together, cycled it with a jack and it looks fine. The bag looks a lil weird. Maybe i should have trimmed a lil off the bottom cup to account for the 1/4" i added from the adapter plates? :dunno: I think Mark told me to but i forget. If i have to trim them, i'm gonna start cutting them to lay out!
I wanna get this done tomorrow by noon, so i'm gonna get up early to git er done.
Any inspiration this time!?

CLIFF NOTES: 2B7's up front, maybe already 1/2" offset w/o drilling??, maybe cut bottom cups?? SOMEONE HELP, AGAIN!

Nothing seems to go smooth for me! :rant:

·
Now owns an S-10
8,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i got everything cut and put everything back together. Everything clears, but the bag might look a lil weird, i dunno it may just be me. Maybe it could be not drilling the cups, but like i said i almost have 3/4" from the cup to the inside edge of the roll plate. I'll end up taking it apart again to take my shock relocators off seeing how i wont need those anymore, and cutting everything to lay out. I'll end up making a project thread, as i will be shaving the doors, and doing some other body work, and then to paint within a few months.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts