S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if the 2b6 bags will bolt up to jasons cups or not... Someone please fill me in

·
Drop N Destroy
4,712 Posts
yes they sure will the new airlift 2b6's they fit good in jasons cup

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Airlift supplied bags with the 'firestone' bolt pattern way before Jason had a problem with them fitting his cups.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
AirLift has had firestone bolt pattern bags for years. And Jason had nothing to do with it. He only recently started dealing with them, and I had a set of airlift bags with his cups in my blazer 10 months ago.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
big_taki said:
did i get the retarned bags cause i had to modify the cups to fit mine but i'm positive the fit now
Well kinda :D Airlift has a 2b6 with the firestone 255c bolt pattern ( single bottom bolt and narrower top bolt spacing ), but it costs more than the 2b6 with the double bottom bolts and wider top spacing. Normally it wasn't a problem to use the bag with double bottom bolt holes with jasons brackets. Well about the time you bought yours, a lot of people started complaining about the bags not working with his cups. I pulled a few of them off the shelf, and checked them out. I noticed that not all the bottom plates were installed inline with the top holes. Most were close, but some were off as much as 20 degrees. At that time jason's mounts had slotted holes, and that was acceptable for most bags. But some were out to far. Since no one else bolts their bottom cups in, it wasn't a problem with other brackets. I switched to using the airlift bags with the firestone pattern to solve the problem.

·
I AM A LUNATIC!
5,924 Posts
IRSd_mini said:
Jason had nothing to do with it.

oh yes me did :D
long story made short.
airlift just recently cancelled the original firestone patern. i said WHOA HORSEY!!!

i said i want firestone pattern. i want hundreds and thousands of them. they said "no problem" if you want that many.

there is now a dual port 2b6 gen 2 bag with firestone pattern. custom made. took awhile, but i gots em on da shelf yo.

i also have bag adapter plates that allow the 2 bolt design to change over to firestone patern.

yippeee do da day.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
IRSd_mini said:
AirLift has had firestone bolt pattern bags for years.

So because they were going to stop production on the firestone pattern, and you got them not to... you are responsible for them making them several years ago ? :D

·
I AM A LUNATIC!
5,924 Posts
IRSd_mini said:
So because they were going to stop production on the firestone pattern, and you got them not to... you are responsible for them making them several years ago ? :D
nope. just kept a good thing alive and kickin :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Jason didn't really keep the Firestone bolt pattern around for us, we just started to make 2B6 Ext. dual port firestone bolt pattern per his request. But yes we designed it because of him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts