S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when i had my old zq8s i had measured from sidewall to leaf on both sides noticed that the pass side stuck in more and driver side stuck out more.

the pass side is 4.6
drivers side is 4.4

usually 4.5 bs does the trick.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
when i had my old zq8s i had measured from sidewall to leaf on both sides noticed that the pass side stuck in more and driver side stuck out more.

the pass side is 4.6
drivers side is 4.4

usually 4.5 bs does the trick.
WTF, is that on all trucks?

·
Cali Member
50 Posts
That is minute (my-noot)

My driver side rear tire is about a 1/4" more outboard then my pass side rear tire. It's noticeable looking at the truck from the rear.

1/4" spacer on one side? damn, thats kind of retarded though.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
you guys are talking about the drivers side, but my passenger side sticks out a bit, is that ok?:confused:

·
Beyond Basic.
2,295 Posts
Hmm.. i wonder, i have center line rims on my old camaro, with 295's on them. i have a 89 S15 with a 4 inch drop in the back, i wondeer if they'd rub the frame rails!?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cool look, did you have any rub problems? Also on the different spacing from one side to the other, I have seen differences in backspace on some wheels, especially aftermarket ralleys, they sometimes are off when they true them up before welding, one company I called said he could not get closer than 1/4 on my backspace measurement! The set I have now varies 1/8 to 1/16 between wheels.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no problems at all. pass side is fine drivers side i do think they did weld wrong because its closer to a 5 inch bs instead of 4.6. i have a little spacer ill put in there and im sure will even it out

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Back space not even

Why don't you just loosen the u bolts and move the rear around
to get it square to the frame? It will move some on the locating
pins. get it stright front to back & side to side.GM doesn't align
the rears, if you check it its prob off a few deg. mine was off 6.
so i recentered it. Put it on an alignment rack to find out how
much its off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts