S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting the zinik bellflower z3 20" and the tires that come with them are 275/45/20's. According to a couple of places, they said that is what would fit on a 96 s-10. Does anyone know if this is crazy? My s10 is not lifted nor lowered, so please let me know if anyone have tried such big rims and tires. Also, how bad will they rub if they do? Your time and effort will be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just found out that these tires are 29.8" in diameter. I tried measuring the wheel well and it seem to be 30".

can someone tell me if i should divide 29.8" in half which makes 14.9" and measure from the center of the axile out? I thougtht this might work. Can you tell me if 29.8" will fit my 1996 s-10 without modifications?

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Well if your wheelwell measures around 30" do you think a tire with a diameter of 29.8" will fit in there?? I dont think so. 255/35/20 or 245/35/20's are the common tire that is used on s-10's, they are like within a few tenths of an inch from the stock tire size, good luck. Those 275/45/20's will rub like crazy, if they even fit in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate to say this, but i took the advice of the tire place that said that those are the type of tires that fit on s-10's and i bought them; unfortunately, this was before you all tried to help me out. I should get them in about a week. Do you know if i raised my vehicle a little would they fit? Can anyone tell me the biggest tire that you put on a second gen s-10 pickup 2wd, and they rubbed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts