S-10 Forum banner

270AHR parts?

3K views 35 replies 6 participants last post by  Kyle279 
#1 ·
while doing the clutch on my 2001 4x4 STen i noticed my oil pan is leaking and so i am going to replace the timing set while im at it. but now im thinking of slapping a 270ahr in it aswell.
what i have read is all i need is-
ls6 beehive springs with matching retainers and locks. and maybe lifters? what i really need to know is do i NEED rockers or pushrods. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
648 Valve locks
787 Retainers
12499224 Beehive springs

#29 ·
Got it mostly done just some little things left too do like fix the driver side door hinge and ziptie some wires! Too anyone that says you need to have heads machined and comp roller rockers you're wrong. here is your proof. started right up and running smooth. idles strong doesent try and die if i rev it either! don't mind the belt squeal i need too get that sorted its giving me a headache :LOL:

#31 · (Edited)
yeah it was in the garage and echoing.. alot of engine noise with the hood off in that video too. ill get a better video sometime and post it soon.. drove fine for about 25 miles drove it again next day now its misfiring...i think i fouled some plugs havent had a chance too look into it yet. once it gets hot it doesent miss nearly as bad as cold..

#32 ·
replaced my fuel filter today. did a pressure test AFTER the filter change. seems like the psi is a little low? trying too get a second opinion. leak down test is rock solid doesn't leak down whatsoever over 10 min test time. partial throttle test in video. did not do WOT test.. after this i went for a drive when it was somewhat cold. it was misfiring like crazy sputtering above 1500rpm. after 10 min of driving it got hot and barely missed at all. did many pulls with no issue. idles fine cold or hot just when i give it gas it sputters cold. P1345 code. believe that is because it is a different engine and have not done a CPS relearn? ordered some E3 plugs aswell.. tempted too get a wideband too see what my air fuel is but kind of alot of money just for assurance..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.