S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2/3 drop (spindles/blocks) on my blazer x. my stock tires/rims are 235-60-16. i plan on getting 20's.....probably 255-35-20's because they are the exact same overall diameter as stock.

my question is, what backspacing do i need? i have searched quite a bit on this forum and blazinlow, but haven't found the answer.

keep in mind that i might go lower in the future....therefore, i want to be sure that i can tuck the tires. right now, it looks like the fronts might hit the fender flares if i go much lower!

also, if i go to a wider tire in the back, how does that change the backspacing?

thanks, guys!

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Yea the sticky at the top has tons of info, i see you're from Franklin, i'm in Shelbyville.

The xtreme blazers come with 235/65/16's?? My regular blazer has some 235/70/15's on it and i was thinking about swapping my ZQ8's off my truck, but they have 225/65/16's on them and the speedo would be off some, i dont know if it would be worth the trouble with the speedo just for some better lookin winter wheels???

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the post should say: 235-60-16 = 255-35-20. sorry. (it wont let me edit it, now.)

Nates98s-10: i think ive seen your blazer before. it looks sweet! ill probably see you around. (my blaze should have 20" bonspeed intense 5's before too long....just need to figure out the backspacing!)

as for your speedo, check out this link:

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp?action=submit

later

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i read through that 'sticky' last night, but i was about 10 sheets to the wind. i found the info just now. thanks guys.

one more question, though. should i put 255-35-20X8 all the way around so that i can rotate the tires every now and then. or should i put 255-35-20X8 up front and 275/285-35-20X10 in the back.

all opinions are welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts