S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are these sized tires on a 5/6 drop? Will it rub with every bump i hit or will it be ok and just rub on huge bumps? I hardely ever rub now. i did the first couple weeks i had it dropped but now i have gotten use to it. Im thinking thats how it will be with this to. Right now i have the ZQ8 with a 2/3 drop and will be going with a 5/6 drop.

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
calculate your overall diameter of wheels and tires together. on my steelies and stock 205/75/15 with a 5 inch in front i rubbed on EVERYTHING, especially with a passenger. the overall diameter of those was about 27 inches. try to get the overall to be about 24-25 inches. i now have 225/45/16 which gave me another 1.5 inches of drop and i never rub. hit me up if you have any questions.

John

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine are like 26 inches i know that. How do you think those will do.

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
you will probably be rubbing on big bumps and bumps when cornering going over like 20 mph. what i said about how bad i rub is with a 5/3 drop because no one will get back to me about any damn leaf springs. anyway, with the angle a 5/3 creates, the top of my tire was closer to the top of the wheel well than a true 5/6 would be. make sure you remove the bolt exactly at the top of the inside of the wheel well otherwise it will cut a groove in your tire everytime you rub. i think you will be okay, make sure you get some good shocks = belltech nitro actives are what i have and it handles really well, screw a soft ride i say. let me know if you don't understand my rambling train of thought.

John

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no dude i understand completely....

One more question though. This top bolt you speak off will i have to remove anything to get to it?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he he he he. i was thinking about not doing it since i just bought new tires and didnt want to replace them. Now what kind of shocks should i get? Doestch tech?

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
i have belltech nitro actives $50 a piece. but they ride good and you know belltech is the most trusted brand in drop equipment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts