S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Jesus is my savior
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys have always been so helpful....

Ok I bought 2 22x9.5 Boss 304's. Now here is where my question begins. Im not sure of the backspacing, but they were on a 2002 blazer xtreme. I have the air over leaf setup with 3" blocks and im monoleafed. Will I have to cut out the fenders and the bed for this to work when I lay out. I dont lay frame obviously, but Im about an inch from the sideskirts. Also, What size tire should I run. With the wheel being this wide, i was thinking a 265 or 275 tire. Any advice would be great, i should have pics up by next weekend. (gotta get the tires) Thanks everyone

·
Jesus is my savior
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have any input?

·
Molon Labe
5,297 Posts
You'll most likely need to cut out your fenders. I don't have much.... any experience in that field, but with a wheel that big, your fender likely won't contain it. Best thing to do is put it on and find out though.

·
Jesus is my savior
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok awesome..thanks bud. BTW...if you guys wanna check out my project thread...Its called project wilma under member projects! Thanks

·
Jesus is my savior
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that my wheel!!! I love you Chuck!

·
Jesus is my savior
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and i mean that in the least gayest way possible..lmao

·
I have a wheel fetish !
2,678 Posts
dropped 01X said:
and i mean that in the least gayest way possible..lmao
lmao !
i don't think there is a "least way" possible. :leave:
they are yours saturday !
until then, i am looking for every pothole around. :p
j/k:rotf:

·
1999 S10 Xtreme
398 Posts
might be able to check out nexen... i bought a set for my new 20s.. i got them off ebay.. they ahd the best tire tread rating for the price... 533 shipped vs like good years or others for 650?7? might want to check them out... im trying them haha..

·
Jesus is my savior
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks everyone...BTW..no offence..but i seriously doubt that a 245 or even 255 would fit on a 9.5inch wheel. I might, but it would look lilke it was stretched on there. Im running pirelli 295/25/22 on them. THanks alot chuck, you are the man

·
Jesus is my savior
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
also...wheel spacers? Anyone think that half inch spacers would work. My rims in touching the frame

·
Dropped At Birth
136 Posts
dropped 01X said:
thanks everyone...BTW..no offence..but i seriously doubt that a 245 or even 255 would fit on a 9.5inch wheel. I might, but it would look lilke it was stretched on there. Im running pirelli 295/25/22 on them. THanks alot chuck, you are the man
i never said they wouldnt be stretched, but they will give you the most amount of clearence

·
Jesus is my savior
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey wicked. Thanks...Well I have a 295 25 on one wheel. I was thinking about running a 265/40 tire.

Any comments

·
Dropped At Birth
136 Posts
dropped 01X said:
Hey wicked. Thanks...Well I have a 295 25 on one wheel. I was thinking about running a 265/40 tire.

Any comments
i 265 40 22 is huge on a blazer. i was runnig those on customers ranger rover hse and the looked good. a good in between size would be a 255 30 22 on a 9'' wheel. it will work on a 9.5 but will be a bit strecthed. not good for pothole lovers:haha:

·
I have a wheel fetish !
2,678 Posts
265/35ZR22 on the exact same 22x9.5 rim

·
Jesus is my savior
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mwahahahahah

Thanks chuck.. Got some pirelin 265/35s today. Now, for spacers, what is the smallest they make. I was thinkin I need a 1" spacer. Since the tire touches the frame. Lol. Any ideas?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts