S-10 Forum banner

22's and a sfbd....

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  dnyce 
#1 ·
So..i have the cash to buy 22s...and im thinkin bout buying some to roll for rest of summer..then use to body drop truck in winter. I have heard a 9.5 is to wide...true? What size am i lookin for overall on the wheel? I found several on ebay that are 9.5 wide...should i buy a 9 inch wide? i found some 22x8.5 but ebay says they will only fit on 4wd models...is it cause offest? what offset am i lookin for? I want the truck to lay rockers on these wheels..its a 1998 ext. s10. I found some tires on here i may buy in indiana...255/30/22 ..any suggetions will be appreciated.

#2 · (Edited)
what you want is a +15mm offset or backspace as some call it.

you can run upto 22x10 wide, but your turning will completely suck. i personally run 22x9.5" but that's pushing it seriously. 22x9 or 22x8.5 would be ideal if you can find the right offset, bolt pattern, and style that you like.

255/30/22 is the size i run and it fits well under 2nd gen sheetmetal, but the first gens like mine have no way of laying true rocker with correct body gaps, body lines, and a 22" wheel under the hood. mine stick 1 1/2" above the front fenders

sure there may be a super tiny tire to keep 22's under the hood of a first gen now, but i wouldn't drive on them over 25 mph.

#3 ·
but the first gens like mine have no way of laying true rocker with correct body gaps, body lines, and a 22" wheel under the hood. mine stick 1 1/2" above the front fenders

my buddys truck lays true rocker on 22's and the body gaps and body lines look fine

Reactions: dnyce
#6 ·
im pretty sure hes running a 245/35/22 or a 255/30/22 not sure, and i think his wheels are either 9 or 9.5" wide

#8 · (Edited)
oh yeah you can actually really see at the grille that he raised the tops of the fenders and extended the front lower portion of the hood 1" or more

and i've got to admit, that looks pretty good. i might hafta steal that ideal when i ever get my small block put back in mine and want to throw the hood on

#13 ·
hopefully in a couple weeks it will be, then ill probably end up putting up a bunch of pics of it because he isnt on here too often

#17 ·
nexen, falken, kumho, and some other companies make 235/30/22's for less than $185 a piece...and a 22x8.5 should fit a 235 pretty good without a whole lot of stretch to the sidewall if any...i've had 225's on a 8" wide wheel and the sidewall is flush with the lip...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.